FRIENDS OF EBBW VALE RFC

All Posts Relating to Friends of Ebbw Vale RFC - including suggestions, fund raising, Events & Functions etc.
viewfromthestand

FRIENDS OF EBBW VALE RFC

Post by viewfromthestand »

Good evening , ladies and gents,I read the post by Marxhoman re Cross Keys and how the financial pickle they find themselves in is being funded by a Just Giving page . I urge you to think about our club and the similarities that we Cross Keys and Pontypridd share. We are an independant club not backed by a multi millioniare or by a region. We have a group of hard core volunteers who assist at every opportunity.
Back at the start of the season a few of us could see the predicament all clubs were going to be in as the money that the union, grants is reduced every season as per the agreement from a few seasons back.
We founded the Friends of Ebbw Vale RFC ACCOUNT . A number of people give generously and since the start of the season have raised over 5k which is a fantastic effort in my opinion. We need more people to come onboard and donate what is affordable. if around 25 people can raise 5k what would 200 people raise.
The point is , we understand times are tight but the key line is WHAT IS AFFORDABLE!!!
SORT CODE 30/92/97 ACCOUNT NUMBER 33007968 . This is a Lloyds Bank account. Look forward to seeing some new names on the statement in the coming weeks .
Stevey

Re: FRIENDS OF EBBW VALE RFC

Post by Stevey »

I have talked to a couple of people, eye to eye, and been able to get them to understand our predicament and that it is ongoing, and to be fair they have set up a DD to whatever they could afforded. I don't want us looking back and saying if only we had done this or that, it could be too late then.
As Viewfromthestand says a little from a lot is a massive help.
And of course another help would be to do the lottery weekly........and get your missus/fella to too.