Additional funds for ebbw vale rfc

All Posts Relating to Friends of Ebbw Vale RFC - including suggestions, fund raising, Events & Functions etc.
marshomano

Additional funds for ebbw vale rfc

Post by marshomano »

Hey guys

I see alot of talk about additional fund raising for even vale rfc over the last few weeks. I'm in the position now that I can start to donate some additional money per month, because, as its been mentioned, every little helps. However, what I would like is some more info on is exactly what would be a decent amount to pay each month?

Don't get me wrong, I can't afford hundreds, but if someone could guide me on what would be benchmark average, I'd certainly like to start helping out. I'm sure if some people saw an actual figure , it would give them a greater idea of what they can an can't afford.

Also, im thinking about increasing my season ticket from a basic member up a few grades, I'm assuming that could also help out the situation as well ?

Cheers
Stevey

Re: Additional funds for ebbw vale rfc

Post by Stevey »

Hi Matt, you going to the game this Saturday? If you are I'll have a chat with you, see what you feel is affordable and go from there.
EVERY penny donated to this account goes towards sustaining us in Premiership rugby and so is vital that we ALL help because failure is not an option and is unthinkable.
You are the second to step forward this week and let's hope others realise the necessity.
marshomano

Post by marshomano »

Stevey wrote: 25 Apr 2019 21:39 Hi Matt, you going to the game this Saturday? If you are I'll have a chat with you, see what you feel is affordable and go from there.
Hi Steve

Yes i am indeed gonna be there - back row, center of the field bank side - Look for the orange bin bag! Thats my father in laws flag every game haha
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Nice to see you coming onboard the ship Matt.
I don t know how many people read the South Wales Argus yesterday and it s feature on the Friends of Newport RFC .The Friends of Newport handed over two cheques this season which added together gifted £50,000 to their team. My god , I don t think they have a quarter of the supporters we have but they seem to realise without them their club would be going down the road of Ponty and Cross Keys and putting the begging bowl pout. Well I m not to proud to say we have to put the bowl out, in fact a bucket would be more relevant.
Rest assured everyone , every single pound raised by the friends of EVRFC goes directly to running the team.
Perhaps you are not aware that prior to Christmas two of our players suffered injuries which prevented them from working. The Friends of EVRFC provided £1,000 to each of those players to help them out over Christmas. We also, gifted the club an additional £1,000 to help fund some bills for equipment urgently required.
To date we have just under £2,000 sitting in the account and when the call comes to say it is required it will be handed over. Whether this is to fund an injured player or pay for an urgent scan . buy tape or something that significantly helps our team, it will be gifted. If 200 people gave a £10 a month this would raise £24,000. Some can afford more and some less but if we look at £10 that is £2.50 per week not a huge price to pay for keeping a premiership team in Ebbw Vale.
marshomano

Post by marshomano »

Is there anyway we can lobby something ? Maybe see if we can get a list together of 200 names. I know there are 5 of my lot who would more than likely be happy to chuck a tenner in extra a month. Im the chief technical officer for Ebbw Vale Paranormal society, and would be more than happy to organise events, donations, prizes etc with my team and donate the proceedings to EVRFC.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Thanks Matt, didn't see you as I was engrossed with two friends who travelled from afar. We have made appeals on here, official site, personally via emails and I'm afraid not enough are either not willing or not understanding of how essential this is.
If you can do anything then I'd be happy, we really need involvement from EVERY SUPPORTER.
It's also good that as a group you realise you can make a difference.
abergavenny plodder

Post by abergavenny plodder »

What about a bucket collection at the odd home game once or twice a season by the friends. As a season ticket holder who contributes to the friends , I m sure most season ticket holders would put in a few quid each. Just a thought.
david brown

Post by david brown »

In 1962 i moved to work in LLANWERN. I moved to RISCA.In 1972 it was decided to form a junior football team for the many children living on the site.We had absolutely nothing,no kit ,footballs ,nets ,nothing .To raise funds it was decided to have bucket collections at our home matches.We would collect between 30 to 40 pounds a lot of money in those days I am convinced if we decided to do this at home matches as suggested most people would contribute.From my experience i think it is a brilliant suggestion.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

I can't see a problem with the odd bucket collection on match days but there is a long summer ahead, it's always long when there's no rugby, and this is needed in the off season to prepare us ready, and of course if we get enough to commit to a monthly donation to Friends of EVRFC then 100% is donated and a big difference will be seen, the alternative is unthinkable.