FRIENDS OF EBBW VALE RFC

All Posts Relating to Friends of Ebbw Vale RFC - including suggestions, fund raising, Events & Functions etc.
viewfromthestand

FRIENDS OF EBBW VALE RFC

Post by viewfromthestand »

Good morning all, I openly invite discussion about the Friends of Ebbw Vale RFC fund. Both Steve Young and myself have worked tirelessly to get this fund going and to an extent we have succeeded in making slow progress. It appears that many supporters are unaware of our aims and objectives.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
To secure the future of EVRFC financially and cover the loss in income from the decrease in WRU funding.
We specifically have looked at the best ways to manage the funds. We discussed at length that none of the fund will be used to pay players . We believed that the best way to support is by funding kit requirements, medical requirements and support injured player s who are unable to work due to an injury that happened whilst playing for EVRFC.
To this end we have achieved part of our goal. As I said in a previous post , we funded two injured players prior to Christmas. We are in a position to help pay for some of the kit required for next season . What frustrates me more than anything is reading in the South Wales Argus about Friends of Newport RFC handing over 50k this season alone .I know that many people can t afford to hand over large sums but we are asking for £2.50 per week.We can get this sort of money too, if everyone gets on board and supports this venture. I m happy for anyone to become involved. If it is thought by someone else taking over it will move forward I ll happily step aside. All I m after is EVRFC to continue to be a top 4 premiership club.
So , ladies and gentlemen the ball is firmly in your court. Come up with ideas , come up with some coin and let s see EVRFC thrive
If you want to make a difference the account number and sort code is as follows.
sort code 30/92/97 account no. 33007968.
Thanks again Karl
Stevey

Re: FRIENDS OF EBBW VALE RFC

Post by Stevey »

I share your disappointment, I have contacted everyone on our data base who we have details of, I've talked to people whilst at games, I've talked to people whilst out shopping and to think that people then say they did not understand urgency is beyond me.
I know how hard we, along with Colin, before his untimely passing, have worked in order to maintain this level of rugby at EVRFC, and not in any way for personal gain. EVERY penny donated goes toward this club.
I also would be quite happy to stand aside if someone feels they can do better.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

It is very disappointing to read such posts. We are very proud of the level of support (at games) and I know that the players really appreciated it and it definitely does make a difference to them and how they play.

If (say) 200 people (and we have a lot more supporters than that regularly watching us) gave just £10 a month (which equates to Karl's £2.50 a week), then that works out at 200 x 12 (months) x £10 = £24,000 a year going directly to the Club. With other people donating more than £10 as well as other 'one-off' donations, we could get near to £30,000 a year, which is not an insignificant amount.

I agree with what Karl and Steve have said - to hear that regular supporters were not aware of this scheme and/or how vitally important this money is to the Club beggars belief (especially given what was said at the EGM last year, which the majority of these supporters attended). I cannot believe that people are burying their heads in the sand and just hoping that everything will turn out OK, because it will not!

How can supporters of one of our bitterest rivals regularly raise £50,000 a year, when we cannot get anywhere near that amount. Not only do we have more supporters then them, but we also have much 'closer knit' supporters than them. People talk about the Ebbw 'family' and they are right to a degree, so why cannot people see the predicament that the Club finds itself (and we are certainly not alone in that regard as you are no doubt aware).

And before people ask, yes I am one of those people who have already set-up a monthly direct debit as I do not want this great Club, which forms such a huge part of my life go the same way as the likes of Abertillery, Tredegar, Maesteg and more recently Cross Keys (and more). Please, please if you read this thread, can you think seriously about how you can help the Club remain a top five, competitive Premiership Club for many years to come.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Malpas69.......some excellent points made there, I hope enough people read this forum to be informed by you, a great supporter who follows Ebbw home and away(even up to RGC), to who every game is an away game, except Dave Parade. :D
Thanks for making these pertinent points.