Ebbw players signing for Cardiff rfc

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

viewfromthestand

Ebbw players signing for Cardiff rfc

Post by viewfromthestand »

Just read a squad update from Cardiff RFC which shows a number of signings for next season. Adam Jones , Josh Jacas although sacked by us is going to the big city.Have we offloaded Adam or sacked him too. Where did our big white flop Rory Putman go . With others I ve heard are moving on we have some big boots to fill .
chris

Re: Ebbw players signing for Cardiff rfc

Post by chris »

Adam Jones hasn't really played for us this season - and I know he has been struggling with injuries, so good luck to him.

I could be wrong, but thought I saw Rory Pitman on the sidelines for Tata Steel in their game v Pontypool.
chris

Post by chris »

For me the RGC game also highlighted where we need to strengthen this off-season.

We need a new oustide-half (to replace Josh), a ball-playing inside centre (to create some space in midfield) and an outside centre with serious pace. For me Preecey is more of a winger these days, and Dom is a good honest centre but a bit one-dimensional for my liking... still a good option off the bench though.

Watch this space I guess...
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Shame to see him go, we will need to bring in some depth to cover losses no doubt
CJ

Post by CJ »

It is a shame to see him go, but do we need a player on our books who hasn't played one minute of rugby for us this season.
Wynne

Post by Wynne »

Just to put the record straight as far as Adam is concerned and him not playing a minute of rugby this season, he damaged his pelvic bones while playing in the B&IC during the early part of the season, he then continued to play including the playoff games at the end of the season, to get through those games he was given pain killing injections which appears to have masked the extent of the damage. He was not coming to training at Ebbw at the suggestion of Rhys as he was having physio in Cardiff with Rhys at his clinic. It has alway been the case that his employer allows him time off to play, if he is not playing then he has to work, hence the reason he has been to very few games.
He had an operation on Monday and it turned out to be very serious, his pelvic bones were both damaged and the cartilage between then had disintegrated and the muscle had torn off the bone because of all the movement this had all also turned arthritic so he has been in incredible pain. They have put plates in to hold his pelvic bones together and a graft off his hip to allow them to fuse in time. That is why he as not been seen in Ebbw for some time. The sad part of all this is nobody from the region nor the club have been in touch to see how he is, as Ebbw no longer required his services and Cardiff approached him, he had no choice.

Post by 123 »

Fair play to Adam.. but it begs the question why play again after those injuries and with money tight is it worth the risk of tying up funds in a player who could get injured again and out for the season given the history