my articles.

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

html junkie

Re: my articles.

Post by html junkie »

Rob, you've described first half of the season perfectly but have got the second half wrong. All 16 clubs will come back together in part 2, and play each other once in reversal of last season's first half. As well as this, the teams that finish top of East and West will carry forward 8 points to part 2, the two teams finishing 2nd in the respective conferences will carry 7 and so on, down to the 8th placed teams who will start the second half of the season with 1. This was done, apparently, to help balance out the disparity between the East and West, as it is recognised that the East will be a tougher, more competitive league than the West which will be dominated by Aberavon, RGC and Llandovery (no disrespect to anyone else). Under a sytem in which clubs carried forward their actual points total, these clubs would have a stack in the bag by the time of reunification while the East teams would, arguably, be much closer together but much further behind the Western trio. It will be interesting to see what actually happens, and whether the 8 to 1 points system does iron out any discrepancies that using actual points might have caused. (also, it will be interesting to see if Aberavon, Llandovery and RGC really do storm their league!
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
robert rees

Re: my articles.

Post by robert rees »

A fellow supporter has pointed this out to me, I've had a go at trying to figure it out but obviously got it wrong.

Just wishing for a simple league haha