Crosskeys

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

marshomano

Crosskeys

Post by marshomano »

Not sure if anyone else has Crosskeys on social media, but they've just created a crowd funding page so they can see out the remainder of the season. I know they are very much our arch Gwent rivals, but still its heartbreaking to see local rugby at this level suffering. I've spoken to a few people who have said bugger them, they don't care about us, but I'm not just an Ebbw Fan (although if you cut me, I bleed green white and red), I'm a rugby fan. Just for context, the article from the go fund me page I've included below.

Cross Keys RFC is looking to raise £20,000 to continue playing within the Welsh Premiership Division for the remainder of the season (18/19).

The Crowd Funding portal can be found at https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/cross-keys-rfc

Cross Keys RFC are a team with a remarkable history of achievements for a small village club. We first achieved first class-status in 1909, almost forcing their way into the top flight by winning the Mon league three times. We reached the final of the 2011–12 British and Irish Cup, losing to Munster A. We won their first National Cup, defeating Pontypridd at the Millennium Stadium in 2012.

Postponed games see the keys have only two home games in the period of Feb-May, a situation no business can expect to survive with. The addition of only one re-arranged home game will help but a likeliness of a midweek game will put a dent into the expected revenue raised. The club has also lost some very experienced club stalwarts to retirement, people who have made our club run smoothly for 30 years! We have also been saddened with the loss of some special people who have backed us financially, their support over the past 20 years, as sponsors and great friends of the club, has been amazing and we are hugely appreciative of all of them and everything they have done for us.

All donations will be used to ensure that Cross Keys RFC not only finishes the current season but will continue to thrive into the future. The Donations received will be used to meet the operational running costs of the club. Our current league position is very disappointing for everyone, but with some internal restructuring and better planning, we will be stronger and better prepared for next season. This has been a very tough period for us all, we don’t know where we will be next season but we need your help & support to ensure there is Rugby played at Pandy Park for years to come.
Everyone who donates will be invited to an event at the end of season.

Thank you everyone who donates!
The Management Committee
david brown

Re: Crosskeys

Post by david brown »

Very good article above about the concerns of the future of rugby at grass roots level.So could someone please,please explain the reasoning behind the W R U wasting tens of thousands of pounds financing the 7 a side tournament.? Wales have just played SPAIN for the last place in the overall rankings.They lost ,how low can we get when we are unable to beat bloody SPAIN ? It is just a jolly boys outing touring the world ,having a great time all at the expense of the W R U while once great clubs ,with great traditions go under.Shame on you all ,should shoot the lot of you.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

The WRU are overseeing the current farce in Welsh rugby, they are restricting money to clubs whilst insisting that professional structures are in place which are quite expensive. Wales won the Grand Slam, not because of the WRU but in spite of them, remember the mid competition announcements?
The Watcher

Post by The Watcher »

The Friends of Ebbw Vale is the equivalent of this without the fees of a Just Giving page. If anyone believes that we are not in the same position as Pontypridd, Keys and several others they are deluded. Falling membership, crowds, sponsorship income and lack of volunteers is our perfect storm