Is it all doom and gloom?

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

marshomano

Is it all doom and gloom?

Post by marshomano »

I have to be honest, sitting here writing this I'm just so depressed, but for the life of me I can't seem to work out why.

We had a good pre season, in my opinion we signed well, we have a good allocation from the dragons this year and we're still playing in the premiership.

However after watching the newport game last week, and speaking to supporters and reading some of the comments and reports, I feel like want to shoot myself in the face. I mean, is it all really that bad?

All I've heard is relegation this, scrapping that, money money money money money.

I personally think that were too good for relegation, and yes the Newport game was hard to watch at time but we never gave up, and we really weren't far away on the score board in the end, and we got a loosing BP.

I think we really can use this cup game as a spring board / ironing board to work out some of the kinks and get our combinations right. We haven't become a bad side over night and I feel the boys and Greg are far too streetwise and shrewd, but still I'm just so depressed 😂😂
Malpas69

Re: Is it all doom and gloom?

Post by Malpas69 »

As somebody has alluded to on a separate thread, you have only got to look at our bench for tomorrow to get a feeling of where we are and what state/position we are in...

Our replacements bench tomorrow consists of four front row forwards, one back row forward, two scrum halves and one wing. We have no cover in/for the second row (again).

Does that answer your question and give you cause for optimism?
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
The Watcher

Post by The Watcher »

It’s the Ebbw Way, when we loose there are a lot comments on this forum, win and minimal comments. I well remember many calling for the head of Nigel Davies on this forum after we were 5 from 10 games, we went on to win the league, perhaps we should trust the officials of the club a bit more.
Having looked back through club posts they have been honest about 2 new back signings being away with their jobs in early part of season, another has uni commitments, as seen by last weeks post by the club there is an abundance of young backs allocated by the Dragons and so no issue there.
The second row is an issue, it will be helped when Celtic Cup is over but i’m sure the club are doing what they can to fill that gap. Agree Dan looks more of a back row forward but is taller and heavier than Rhys Clark who it would appear he was signed to replace as the versatile back 5 player. Time will tell around the second row but I feel Greg has earned the trust of supporters with his time at Ebbw and with his success at Keys.
Having watched training in the last few weeks Owen Young looks close to a return, so other than the second there appears to be good cover in all positions
I too believe we have more than enough to stay out of trouble, let’s get behind the team and the coaches and support the initiatives in raising finance
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

The Watcher wrote: 13 Sep 2019 22:06 It’s the Ebbw Way, when we loose there are a lot comments on this forum, win and minimal comments. I well remember many calling for the head of Nigel Davies on this forum after we were 5 from 10 games, we went on to win the league, perhaps we should trust the officials of the club a bit more.
Having looked back through club posts they have been honest about 2 new back signings being away with their jobs in early part of season, another has uni commitments, as seen by last weeks post by the club there is an abundance of young backs allocated by the Dragons and so no issue there.
The second row is an issue, it will be helped when Celtic Cup is over but i’m sure the club are doing what they can to fill that gap. Agree Dan looks more of a back row forward but is taller and heavier than Rhys Clark who it would appear he was signed to replace as the versatile back 5 player. Time will tell around the second row but I feel Greg has earned the trust of supporters with his time at Ebbw and with his success at Keys.
Having watched training in the last few weeks Owen Young looks close to a return, so other than the second there appears to be good cover in all positions
I too believe we have more than enough to stay out of trouble, let’s get behind the team and the coaches and support the initiatives in raising finance
Good Post, we trust in our coaches, we set up Friends of Ebbw Vale RFC in order to help but it seems not enough are able/willing to put a small amount in each month, we appreciate all those that do and those that donate on a ad hoc basis.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Disappointed this season that the WRU have not asked for comments on why people follow their clubs,I have been fortunate the past couple of seasons to have won it.The tickets are VICE PRESIDENTS valued at 250 pounds I have always donated them to the club to use in raffles etc.Sorry STEVEY but the intention was there.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

david brown wrote: 16 Sep 2019 11:47 Disappointed this season that the WRU have not asked for comments on why people follow their clubs,I have been fortunate the past couple of seasons to have won it.The tickets are VICE PRESIDENTS valued at 250 pounds I have always donated them to the club to use in raffles etc.Sorry STEVEY but the intention was there.
Yes I know David, we need more like you.