Champions

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

jadegoodiesfridge

Champions

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

I'm struggling with a poser that arose in work. Who were our opponents when we won, on the day, our four consecutive titles. I remember Bedlinog away, Tredegar away, a midweek game at home to Glam Wands, but what was the missing one,?? Think it was 2013.
viewfromthestand

Re: Champions

Post by viewfromthestand »

I believe it was Narbeth away in the 2013/14 season where we lost 29/10 on a very windy day. Only game we lost all season in the league . I may be wrong but got the info off WRU website . Have to say missing my perch high up in the stand. What do you do on a Saturday Mr Fridge
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

No wonder I couldn't remember,we probably won the league with four games to spare.Went to that Narberth game "Curse of Scrum V ", the only game we lost that season.Also recall the previous week's game away at Bargoed,Very notorious encounter
My Saturdays now consist of making cups of tea and watching Midsomer up my dear old mum's.She's 82 and probably sick of the sight of me.Lockdown measures have temporarily put a stop to that also. Time to dig out Budgie and Jackson Brown ,eclectic stuff. My season ticket money is burning a big hole in my pocket. Hope all addicts are well.Hope to see you all sometime in the new year .Remember Rugby ??? I do.
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

Correct me if I'm wrong bud didn't we win the league at home to Beddau that season, probably 4 or 5 games before the seasons end
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

Yep, definitely Beddau at home.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!