Pontypridd

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

jadegoodiesfridge

Pontypridd

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Nice to see Dan Babos' name on the team sheet.Heard a lot about this young lad from Pooler.Hope to see him in action on Saturday.Also ,Luke Connolly as a travelling reserve.Have we signed Luke from Bedwas ?
Malpas69

Re: Pontypridd

Post by Malpas69 »

jadegoodiesfridge wrote:Also, Luke Connolly as a travelling reserve. Have we signed Luke from Bedwas?
What position does Luke Connolly play?
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
david brown

Post by david brown »

No mention of him on the BEDWAS squad for this seaseon ?
jadegoodiesfridge

Checked Luke out last night .He's a second row.He did play for Bedwas because there's a picture of him ( somewhere ) wearing a Bedwas shirt. If he ain't there now .fair enough
jadegoodiesfridge

Did a bit more digging .Luke left Bedwas to join Avonmouth RFC. He was recently ,maybe still is ,manager of Pure Gym in Cardiff.So there you have it.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Very many thanks for the very efficient response .I only checked their squad members for this season ,and his name was not included.
chris

Post by chris »

Missed the Bargoed game last Saturday, so can't comment on that... but on the face of it, seems like another strange team selection to me.

Does anyone know what's going on with Jonathan Davies, is he still injured?

If we keep the score to under 50 points today i'll be pleasantly surprised. Not being cynical, just realistic - Ponty are in good form, playing well and at home, and we're not.

Hoping we can pull something out of the bag (like at Cardiff), but already fearing the worst to be honest.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Must agree ,in my humble opinion the stand out forward last week was JACAS .Yet he was taken off to enable a prop to cover for the yellow card ,before being substituted.This week he is relegated to the subs bench.? sorry if i appear to enjoy being critical ,but i cannot work it out ,unless there is some hidden reasoning we are unaware of. ????
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Very bizarre selections again!

By all accounts Jacas gave a very good account of himself at 8 last week and now he’s on the bench, for Cameron to play 8?
We can all see Cameron isn’t an 8, but an outstanding 6 and thats where he should be playing.

Different midfield again as well, very puzzling all round.
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

Interesting to see/read that we have Joy Neville refereeing our game today.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

Blown away in the first 20-30 minutes and the score could have been a lot worse if Pontypridd had not taken their foot off the pedal and emptied the bench early. I still think that we have good players, but they are all playing as individuals with no visible structure or game plan. We go through a few phases and then have absolutely no shape or structure whatsoever. We are a side very low on confidence and dare I say with little or no direction and leadership. Some players showed plenty of endeavour today and I thought that both Rhyses, Francis and Clarke both had good games. That said, as a collective, we were symbolic at times an allowed Pontypridd to make easy yards. It might be the right time now, whilst we can still salvage some of our season to have a look at the coaching set-up (there, I said it).
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Embarrassing again

I left before the end as couldn’t take anymore watching our team so clueless.
Same old story, no leadership, no apparent game plan and no grit.

If ponty has been more ruthless and not changed half the team it would have been 60 points plus.

It’s only the first week of November and I can’t wait for this season to end to put an end to all this misery.

Hard to know where to go from this, current performances are worse than they were on the relegation season.
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
Topspectator

Post by Topspectator »

I couldnt agree more, i just dont know what the coaches are trying to implement the structures are mind boggling and certianly is very evident that the players dont believe in it either, Ronny as a player is superb but the captaincy is taking his natural game away from what we all know he is capable of. Unfortunately as we are low in confidence theres not many putting their names forward, this maybe looked at as being negative but we are a proud club and its painful to watch.
jadegoodiesfridge

Well ,we kept it under 50......ERM !!....that's it really !
AS an aside .if any ponty supporters reading this could enlighten us with their "constructive criticism " of why we are the worst team they've seen all season and why we should be worried about Pontypool please don't put it on the Ponty forum ,put it on here.We could do with a laff.Besides,WE KNOW ALREADY !!!
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

I predicted a 60 pointer today , so I m happy with the scoreline. We are not in a position to compete with the likes of Ponty, Merthyr,Bedwas and Cardiff. We are blooding new players and in some instances they look as though they can cut the mustard in the premiership. They are my positives
On the other hand we look shapeless and sometimes very much like the under 8 and 9 's who entertain us at half time. We all seem to bunch up and follow the ball. We appear devoid of ideas how to breakdown a defence and our passing across the line today was shocking. I m not an advocate of picking on the coaches but it appears to me and many more there is a major problem . Is it time to get some support in to help us in not only developing players but developing our coaches. I thought Cameron was our only stand out player. Young Dan Babos looked very sharp when he came on.
I noted Josh Jacas was on our bench in the original team selection so where was he today. Jon Davies nowhere to be seen again. Dai Langdon had a decent game last week not there today. once again a different centre partnership. All in all a very poor display from Ebbw/ We were lucky Ponty took theior feet off the gas and had a few injuries otherwise after the way they started we could have been looking down the barrel of a ton.
Thought referee Joy Neville did a decent job. Communicated well and controlled most aspects of the game .