Cross Keys

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

david brown

Re: Cross Keys

Post by david brown »

From league champions to league chumpions over a period of eighteen months .I have never heard so much discontentment from the boys on the bank .Even the most blinkered supporter of the coaches will have to admit we were woeful.Four tries gifted,three from dropping high kicks and a simple charge down KEYS never had to work for tries they were given to them.Our strong point was the scrummage ,so after an hour we change the front row and suddenly give KEYS parity mind boggling.Then we take a winger off who has done nothing wrong and expressed a desire to play at centre leaving our two centres on who were abject and have been all season.Very obvious our crowds are diminishing rapidly ,barely four hundred there last night by my estimation.We will struggle to win another match in this split league and unless urgent action is taken ,will not win in the second half.For long serving dedicated fans like we have, the brutal truth is the coaches have to go and the sooner the better.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Made it to the match just as the whistle was blown and the game commenced.

Thought the forwards had a decent game and showed their muscle.

That was a poor Cross Keys though and we should have beaten them comfortably.

The only other thing I’m going to say is:

SOS Neil Edwards
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
JohnCoffey

Post by JohnCoffey »

Same timing for me as Mr Grey - quickly wondered why ?
Thought seriously about whether or not to post as there are a couple of posters on here who are more concerned about their own sensitivities than the wellbeing of this great club and its future - but then EVRFC is bigger than all of us.
You guys need to wake up & smell the coffee. You clearly know a lot more about the game than I do so I await your insightful analysis of what is going wrong and your proposed remedies.
There’s no point in me going into any detail as it will just be a repeat of everything I have already said in earlier posts. Nothing has changed, we are getting worse & everything has been comprehensively covered by the posters above. And let’s not overlook – we were the side AT HOME !
We have a decent scrum, line out (until we take Rhys Francis off) & driving maul – outside that we have absolutely nothing....absolutely nothing – no structure either in defence or attack ! The Regan, Davies, Kynes combination didn’t last long & we quickly reverted to Regan back at 8. Obviously Dai Langdon isn’t going to get an extended run at 10 as he didn’t even get the full game there, centre partnership didn’t work again & the substitutions behind the scrum beggar belief.
The Keys 9, Leadbetter’s kicking game was outstanding. He quickly realised where there would be confusion under the high ball & peppered that area all night. That’s what experience does for you !
You can only turn any organisation around by being brutally honest & taking the tough decisions, & taking them quickly.
JadeGF is correct – I hope they heed his advice & do the honourable thing. If they don’t our better players will - & no one will want to join us to replace them !
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

Yes, it's crap at the moment, isn't it?
But, just a positive suggestion, how about you stop wasting time posting on here and do something constructive to help this great club that we all love?
Oh, and I have no need to "Wake up and smell the Coffey".
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

People are drawing comparisons with what is happening now and the team that previously got relegated from the premiership. The difference for me is the team back then had a few core players, the likes of Chunky, Bev, Gyppo, Nick Eaves etc. and the rest of the squad was made up of permit players from Ystradgynlais, Dunvant, Nelson, Beaufort etc. and no-one really knew who they were or anything about them. We did not even know them when they ran out onto the pitch! We are not in that state/position now - we have a good squad of quality players. The majority of these players would walk into any other premiership team (I hope that they don't mind you), but for whatever reason, they are playing way below their ability and potential. You have not got to be a genius to work out why that is. When the team gets posted on a Thursday, I like many other of you think that is a good team on paper, but then the performances on the field are falling a long way below expectation. People need to realise that there is relegation again next season and we need to have a "team" in place (and I include the coaches in that) capable of ensuring that we do not find ourselves fighting for survival again. We recovered once thanks to the hard work of a number of people, but if we get relegated again, I am not sure that we will be able to return to where we belong a second time around.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
The Watcher

Post by The Watcher »

Another poor display with extremely poor skills, inability to catch a high ball, very weak one on one tackling and 12 points gifted by an interception and then a charge down. All involved, not only the coaches need to take a long hard look at themselves, there seems to be a lack of pride in the badge, I would exempt around half the team from that, you only had to look at Ronny for a picture of what pride in the performance and the badge means, he looked distraught at yet another loss.

I also saw the coaches and Chairman and coaches, they all looked like Ronny!!

As our photographer posted the constant criticism is not helping and I know this is affecting coaches, players and officials alike. The Chairman has consistently asked for people to step forward and help, he has told me that no one has and I had the strong feeling that he may well walk should the criticism continue without people who proclaim to love the club stepping forward to help. Should the Chairman step down, it will be a huge blow to the club, he is a mentally tough individual but I have never seen him as low as over the last week, I would be very concerned about the future of the club if he takes that step as he has done more for the club on and off pitch than anyone, every coach that has been at the club has openly stated that, many of the players at the club now, others like Damian, Josh Lewis etc were persuaded to come by him. Step forward and help!!!!

Post by 123 »

The best thing we could do is get huddy back as player coach!! Get some pride and passion back in the club
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Sympathies are with Mr Chairman, but if he’s a strong character as you say then he’ll bounce back and steer the vessel away from the rough seas.

Never met the gentleman, but he does a grand job.

My circumstances unfortunately limits me greatly from helping out, mainly due to not being able to drive or stand for very long (thanks to Mr Arthritis), living 40 mins away and reliant on a friend for lifts to get there.

The only way I can help is by coming to the games as often as I can which can be testing in itself in the cold weather.
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Phillip Grey, I think you are doing your bit Sir.