Merthyr

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

david brown

Re: Merthyr

Post by david brown »

Many thanks for the compliments lads.Out of respect for both of you ,felt i should respond.Being a humble VICTORIA boy ,i openly admit i am like many who write on this forum unable to answer the many questions put before me.This is not dodging the issue ,but being honest .On reflection ,if the coaches are unable to handle the current demise,what flipping chance have i got.?
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

At half time I went for a wee (as you do) and Aaron Pinches (the Merthyr centre) was stood next to me (so to speak). I said to him jokingly "do us a favour, take it easy on us second half", to which he responded "your boys just haven't turned up".

You can't help but ask yourself why? Why can't we "get up" to play against the reigning champions?

If there was one tiny crumb of comfort from Friday night's game, I thought that Kristian Parker made a decent fist of playing at No 8. He picked up well a few times from a scrum that was retreating at a rate of knots. Definitely worth giving him a run of games there I feel (injuries permitting of course).
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
JohnCoffey

Post by JohnCoffey »

html junkie wrote:So, what do you suggest? I mean other than sacking the coaches
Unfortunately, I think that’s exactly what the majority of the posts are suggesting.
html junkie wrote:and buying in new ones (that we can't afford)
Out of interest, has the club spoken to any coaching options who have turned us down because of the financials ? EVRFC would be a great opportunity for recent former full time pros familiar with the game & coaching process at the highest level who are just looking for an opportunity to get into coaching & would be much better suited for coaching at this level.
html junkie wrote: Besides, we've already got quite a few experienced, top quality players (and I think we all agree on that).
I think we do all agree on that point which really then clearly isolates the problem.
html junkie wrote: Level one, this is a message board that is nothing to do with the club so posting things here, whether positive or negative, has no direct effect on policy or practice,
I think we all understand that, but it doesn’t stop millions of people posting trillions of content & venting their opinions on such social media boards. That's what they are there for. If you pays your money you’re entitled to voice your opinion.
html junkie wrote: We're a club in transition (as vfts put it).
As is every other club, & a statement often used to try to justify failure. The fear on here is that we are transitioning from a Premiership club to a Championship club !
html junkie wrote: "We are where we are" and "it is what it is."
I think these are depressing statements & ones change managers refuse to accept. The overwhelming concern is that failure to take action now results in relegation later – that’s what the majority want to avoid.