Bridgend

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

Bridgend

Post by Stevey »

Wonder if the game is on this evening, we have had lots of rain and more to come. It was rained off on the original date. Keep an eye out for it.
david brown

Re: Bridgend

Post by david brown »

Had a few showers in CAERPHILLY STEVEY.Weather at the moment dry and very sunny ,fingers crossed.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

david brown wrote:Had a few showers in CAERPHILLY STEVEY.Weather at the moment dry and very sunny ,fingers crossed.

No doubt this game will be on, it's cleared up and been quite bright, looking forward to the first of two trips to Bridgend this week.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Dan Haymond, Stefan Thomas, James Lewis, Dominic Franchi, Toby Fricker; Dorian Jones, Dai Jones; Ross Jones, Rhys Francis, Rob Sevenoaks; Kristian Parker, Rhys Clarke; Cameron Regan, Ronny Kynes (capt), Lewis Young.
Bench: Joe Franchi, Joel Harries, Josh James, Lance Randall, Mathew Williams, Sam Ireland, Srdan Majkic, Callum Hall, . team v Bridgend tonight.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Josh James stretchered off right at the end. Hope he recovers soon and it's not too serious.
viewfromthestand

How well we played in the first half to put Bridgend to bed nice and early. Second half I think we were only on half gas to save ourselves for the league fixture. Dorian was impeccable with his kicking off the tee . He is so much of an asset to us. We need his confidence every single game. Once again our pack destroyed a burly Bridgend eight. The two old campaigners Mr Jones and Mr Eightoaks( he s better than a seven), were at their shoving best and the only word I can can use for Rhys Francis is SUPERHUMAN, he was everywhere. Like an extra backrower. Sometimes we are a little ponderous around the base of rucks and this is giving the opposition time to get up quickly on us. Which ultimately results in our wingers having no space. That sad Toby looks for work and scored two cracking tries. The second was a cracker from a Dorian Jones crossfield kick. Apparently, young Josh James was injured at the end of the game and I, hope it s not too serious and wish him a speedy recovery . All in all a cold but enjoyable evening at the Brewery Field. Hoping for much of the same on Saturday. I think we need to leave Ross and Oaksy on a little longer in the game. Let them smash their opposition and then let the youngsters on to finish the job. Well done EBBW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Brilliant victory, well done Ebbw Vale.

Fingers crossed the injury to Josh isn't too serious and he's back on the pitch soon.
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
david brown

Post by david brown »

Report on the BRIDGEND net indicates he was given a clean bill of health ,but will have one hell of a headache.GREAT NEWS .
gtc

Post by gtc »

viewfromthestand wrote:How well we played in the first half to put Bridgend to bed nice and early. Second half I think we were only on half gas to save ourselves for the league fixture. Dorian was impeccable with his kicking off the tee . He is so much of an asset to us. We need his confidence every single game. Once again our pack destroyed a burly Bridgend eight. The two old campaigners Mr Jones and Mr Eightoaks( he s better than a seven), were at their shoving best and the only word I can can use for Rhys Francis is SUPERHUMAN, he was everywhere. Like an extra backrower. Sometimes we are a little ponderous around the base of rucks and this is giving the opposition time to get up quickly on us. Which ultimately results in our wingers having no space.
That sad Toby
looks for work and scored two cracking tries. The second was a cracker from a Dorian Jones crossfield kick. Apparently, young Josh James was injured at the end of the game and I, hope it s not too serious and wish him a speedy recovery . All in all a cold but enjoyable evening at the Brewery Field. Hoping for much of the same on Saturday. I think we need to leave Ross and Oaksy on a little longer in the game. Let them smash their opposition and then let the youngsters on to finish the job. Well done EBBW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really don't think that Toby is sad :wink:
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Couldn't make the game last night sadly.Heard Rhys Francis took a knock also,Could anyone enlighten me?
viewfromthestand

Don t think it was a bad one. But with chunky and joe franxhi we have great resources at hooker.
CJ

Post by CJ »

Was stood by Rhys after he came off.

Said he'd had two stingers and his hamstring was a little tight. Didn't sound like much to be concerned about.

Just a word to the medical staff who took every precaution with Josh at the end of the game. Not just ours but theirs too.

And Ross Jones who wasn't leaving another member of the front-row alliance fallen on the battle field, covered him over to keep him warm and helped carry him off on a stretcher.

What a team mate and what a man!
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

CJ wrote:Was stood by Rhys after he came off.

Said he'd had two stingers and his hamstring was a little tight. Didn't sound like much to be concerned about.

Just a word to the medical staff who took every precaution with Josh at the end of the game. Not just ours but theirs too.

And Ross Jones who wasn't leaving another member of the front-row alliance fallen on the battle field, covered him over to keep him warm and helped carry him off on a stretcher.

What a team mate and what a man!
Absolutely.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

That was a tough old game! Clearly Bridgend were up for this one,and in their own back yard they really wanted to put matters right after Tuesday.Didn't think we'd ever get out of our 22 in the first half but we clung on and took our chances despite Ian Davies frustratingly not awarding the penalty try sooner than he did.Constant second half infringements by Bridgend should have warranted a yellow and the stamping incident probably deserved a red .But,nothing from an unmoved Mr.Davies Gutsy effort by Ebbw in the second half and once again a cracking penalty conversion by Dorian at the death.Thankfully he walked off no more than shaken after that knock at the end of a ridiculous amount of injury time.Not a great performance by Ebbw but I'm more than happy with the result.
chris

Post by chris »

Felt like we had to beat 16 men today... and we did! Well done Ebbw, showed real character to get back into the game and grab the win.

The cup game was completely different, with us tearing them to pieces in the first half. This was more about guts and determination and we dug out a result when at times it felt like it was getting away from us.