GAME ON.

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

GAME ON.

Post by Stevey »

Neath game on as per official site Twitter :D
Stevey

Re: GAME ON.

Post by Stevey »

Scrappy game as I expected per conditions, still it's a win and I'll settle for that.
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

But where was everyone? Poorest crowd I've seen at a home Premiership game for, well, ever! Same at Merthyr v Newport, apparently. I suppose all the real rugby fans were saving themselves for the Six Nations in Cardiff today. :roll:
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Maybe the eleventh hour decision to get the game on caught many on the hop,certainly the game was very much in doubt late Friday night.Great that it went ahead though despite it being a glue pot of a surface resulting in a not very good game,but I'm sure Greg and the boys were happy to get 80 minutes under their belt.The game itself wasn't much to write home about.Thought we tried TOO hard on occasions and you could feel the players frustrations oozing up on the bank..I thought we looked unlikely to get the bonus point ,but that wasn't our shortcomings.the playing surface dictated it appeared.Neath didn't look capable of beating us ,what with endless scrums ,silly penalties,and a lacklustre opposition ( no disrespect to Neath intended,I quite like the club) all added up to a rather forgettable game .Lewis was excellent though,very good game,as did ,once again ,Franco.What a great asset this guy is.Also ,it has to be said I thought Mr.England was excellent also.Hey ! A wins a win.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Agree with every comment Mr Fridge. I think we over complicate the game at times. I think we needed to run a more direct game especially in those gluey conditions. We could of put Neath to the sword had we played an up the shirt sort of game . pick and drive.
It was well documented that the game was on but it was a poor crowd. Think we need to think outside the box to get our level of support back up. I think we have got real assetts in Lewis Young. Rhys Francis . Clarkey and the usual suspects. Our back line fires in fits and starts. Dai Jones is not at his best at the moment.He s making too many wrong decisions and all executed to slowly. All in all i was happy with the win. Keeps our momentum going. Bring on the Drovers.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Another good win under our belts and worth the rushed journey up.
Forwards took control again, and the backs showing improvements week by week.

We seem to be coming together well as a unit, and hope it continues.

Very disappointing crowd though, where was everyone?
Is it due to the stop start season you think, and people are getting out of the habit?

Well done to the volunteers and ground staff who had obviously been moving some lingering snow from the public areas.
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Think you're right Phil, people get out of the habit,(though I don't), there were international games on TV,(rather watch Ebbw myself), also a lot may have felt the game wouldn't be on,(myself included) and of course crowds generally are falling across Welsh rugby.