Drovers

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

jadegoodiesfridge

Drovers

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

What time is the supporters bus leaving the clubhouse tomorrow morning ? Don't want to miss it.
AJP

Re: Drovers

Post by AJP »

Leaving the club at 11am.
Straight back to Ebbw after game
All you have to do is..........
"Just think orange!"
jadegoodiesfridge

Thanx Andrew
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

On what can only be said as one of the coldest days i have watched rugby in. We worked hard up front but our shear lack of pace in the backline found us wanting. In a game with a gale blowing east to west we needed to play a territory game 1st half but we succeeded in making their back three look world beaters. I m not going to criticise as conditions were not good . lets regroup to give it a big go v Bargoed on Weds and Swansea next weekend.
jadegoodiesfridge

Agreed ! The weather was awful.A gale force wind, blinding snow and sub zero temperatures are not great conditions for a game of rugby.We lost,fair enough.but I came away not too downhearted. I thought the boys gave it a good shot ,but the Drovers on their patch is always a big ask.Going in at just 6-5 was never going to be enough and with that wind and a very nit picky ref it was damage limitation. Hell ! They could have converted a penalty underneath their own posts in that wind..Couldn't see our disallowed try from where I was standing.The ref said the ball was held up to my bemusement.Anyone get a clearer view ? Ah well.....on to Wednesday.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Neil had a great image of the disallowed try. Definitely held up. Great pity. But as you said could of been worse