semi final draw

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

david brown

semi final draw

Post by david brown »

WE HAVE GOT MERTHYR .TOWNIES OBVIOUSLY HAVE LLANDOVERY.VENUES TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER.
Malpas69

Re: semi final draw

Post by Malpas69 »

Fair to say, probably not the best draw, but at this stage, any match is going to be tough.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
gtc

Post by gtc »

What odds that the game to take place at the Arms Park, what with the obvious links and an artificial pitch :wink:
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Artificial pitch at Ponty too.
shaunspikey

Post by shaunspikey »

Dowlais, Rhymney, Bargoed, all in between
gtc

Post by gtc »

viewfromthestand wrote:Artificial pitch at Ponty too.
I did think about Ponty, but would Stan be happy giving them any kind of financial help, even if it was bar takings?
david brown

Post by david brown »

Old saying in sport.to win a trophy you have to beat all the other teams.We are a different team to the one that shipped 50 odd points against them recently.They are not unbeatable ,ask NEWPORT and i expect us to be really up for this one.
JohnCoffey

Post by JohnCoffey »

Form this season:

WLLLLLLWLLLLL

Coaches sacked.

WWWLWWWWLW

I'd say that's a different team !

And for the poster who said that they "Think it's time to say adios to James Lewis . He has no pace , cant tackle and offers nothing to the team", I take it you missed last night's game, the game against Pontypridd & pretty much every other game since the previous coaches departed !
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

I think James Lewis has had a positive impact since being involved with coaching, I also think his game has improved too.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

It was me who posted the say adios to James Lewis . I said it after the Bedwas game where we shipped 50 points. James has since proved me wrong. He has come back to his best since he has taken on a coaching role. I quite enjoy humble pie and I ll eat a large slice. Then again we have several players who have showed their capabilities since Lee and Ben left. I read every post John and like you and many others said there were problems. I knew there were problems but as a clubman I felt that we had to support the two young coaches. Anyway, i m now munching the crust of the pie and hoping for 5 points v Swansea tomorrow.
marshomano

Post by marshomano »

Crosskeys announced as the ground for our semi finals against Merthyr. Not a huge fan of the place if im honest but i will definitely take it. Taking a different spin on it, it'll be like a home game for Greg and hopefully he will be able to pull some punters in that normally wear black and white that'll be shouting for Ebbw to do 'em over!! Plus its a short hop on the old train so no reason we cant take a big away crowd!!!
JohnCoffey

Post by JohnCoffey »

viewfromthestand wrote:It was me who posted the say adios to James Lewis . I said it after the Bedwas game where we shipped 50 points. James has since proved me wrong. He has come back to his best since he has taken on a coaching role. I quite enjoy humble pie and I ll eat a large slice. Then again we have several players who have showed their capabilities since Lee and Ben left. I read every post John and like you and many others said there were problems. I knew there were problems but as a clubman I felt that we had to support the two young coaches. Anyway, i m now munching the crust of the pie and hoping for 5 points v Swansea tomorrow.
A very gracious post !

Your comment regarding other players is also very true & we have seen the return to form in them, I just think that coming from a fully professional background James Lewis game probably suffered more than most as he would have found it very difficult to get on the same book as Ben Daniels let alone the same page.

Anyway if he reads this I'm sure he will appreciate your post.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

marshomano wrote:Crosskeys announced as the ground for our semi finals against Merthyr. Not a huge fan of the place if im honest but i will definitely take it. Taking a different spin on it, it'll be like a home game for Greg and hopefully he will be able to pull some punters in that normally wear black and white that'll be shouting for Ebbw to do 'em over!! Plus its a short hop on the old train so no reason we cant take a big away crowd!!!
On Keys twitter it states the game is a 5-15 kick off.Its on telly then.