Swansea (H)

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

abergavenny plodder

Swansea (H)

Post by abergavenny plodder »

Good performance today against a limited Swansea side. Have to agree backs look more dangerous of late with change in the coaching regime and James Lewis can take some credit for that and seems to have recovered his mojo. Dan Haymond just gets better and better, he is an excellent runner and broken field attacker, and Fricker looks back to his best on the wing. Great to see the boy Dennett put a good shift in and hopefully that will boost his confidence. We need to be at our best for the next 3 matches all of which are very difficult but things are looking up. Well done Ebbw !
chris

Re: Swansea (H)

Post by chris »

A really good performance yesterday. I'm not sure Swansea were actually as bad as the scoreline suggests, they had some big aggressive forwards and I could see them surprising one or two - I thought it was more that we were really 'on it'. Agree with earlier post re: Dan Haymond, he's on fire at the moment. The whole ream has really kicked on since the coaching change, and it's really great to see.

Sadly I will miss the next two games, but looking forward to the semi-final against Merthyr. The fact that it's on grass must help us a little - will still be a tough ask though.

Two big league games before then, will be following from afar via Twitter.
viewfromthestand

Re: Swansea (H)

Post by viewfromthestand »

All round display yesterday. The forwards and backs did an equal amount yesterday. I thought that Sam Ireland and Lewis Dennett shone . It was great to see them start. Lewis reminded me very much of Dorian Jones. Kicked well and was confident in all he did. Dom Franchi put in some amazing tackles . There was one that poleaxed a Swansea forward. Dan Haymond is a quality player. As said in previous posts. He gets better. It s niticeable that our second rows are carrying the ball much better since Greg has become coach. Joe Franchi is a tremendous player in the scrum and loose. Would love to see hin get hus darts right. That said he did do well yesterday. Oaksy us possibly the finest scrummager in the league. Young Joel Harris is filling Ross Jones s boots well. It s great to be positive. It s nice to be smiling after our games. The next 14 days are huge for the club. I only hope the whole if Ebbw march on Cross Keys to urge our boys over the line v Merthyr.