RGC

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

jadegoodiesfridge

RGC

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Oddly enough,after such a great performance from the boys,nobody has bothered ( yet) to post anything concerning yesterday's game! So I'll have a go.Where do we start?..Just when I thought Ebbw couldn't top the cup game,along came this heartstopping one.It was a shame the boys seemingly didn't come out the changing room until 2.40,by which time everyone was fearing an avalanche of tries against us .But this is a new brand of rugby that Ebbw are playing these days and 12 points didn't seem to faze the boys one bit,from 2.40 onwards we dominated every facet of play making RGC look ordinary
It would have been an absolute travesty if Ebbw had lost yesterday following in my opinion ,that ridiculous red card,and a few months ago we would have lost once Botica had converted that third try.But like I said ,we are different beast now ,and the way we hit back was breathtaking,smashing their way from the half way line almost into the lounge.Was it a try prior to the winning penalty? I dunno! Couldn't see.Nevertheless,we deserved the win.As for the players.Ross on his 200th was phenomenal.Toby was scintillating,and RGC,I swear we're scared of him.Kris Parker ? What a find he is?....Hell ! All of the boys were phenomenal yesterday,what more can I say? The best team won ,plain and simple.What was disappointing were the tweets from rgc supporters on Twitter suggesting the Ebbw supporters were ' intimidating '???....noisy ,yes! but hardly intimidating.Sour grapes methinks.
DaiLew

Re: RGC

Post by DaiLew »

Agree with every detail of your post, Jade.

RGC supporters intimidated? Didn't realise that there were any there!

Red card? Until this decision, thought the referee had a relatively decent game. Definitely looked like the RGC player slipped into Dai. Maybe he could have been red carded for leading with both feet out of control and off the ground to take Dai out!!!! Press reports seem to agree with the bank that it was a harsh/controversial red.

Team spirit was once again fantastic. Getting back to the dominating forwards display that we had grown accustomed to. Take out the first 10 minutes and the 10 RGC points following the red card, and there was only one team ever going to win in my eyes. It appears the WRU love children don't like it rough. Lots of technical indiscretions and whinging I thought. Thought some of their backs looked lively, though.

Thanks again, Ebb.
marshomano

Post by marshomano »

jadegoodiesfridge wrote:What was disappointing were the tweets from rgc supporters on Twitter suggesting the Ebbw supporters were ' intimidating '???....noisy ,yes! but hardly intimidating.Sour grapes methinks.
I am really proud of the effort the boys put in on Saturday. We could have easily succumbed to the pressure of the red card at such a crucial period of the match, especially after the penalty was scored and then the try in the corner, but it just shows how far this club has come this season, and if anything, with the help of the crowd, it just spurred us on to grab the win. As for the intimidating atmosphere, for many of you who are lucky enough to have visited stadiwm zip world or whatever its called now, after being subjected to the somewhat plastic environment they have up there with their bloody dj spewing out "RGC!!" at the top of his lungs in an effort to get the crowd up for it, every crowd they encounter must be intimidating....our lot always show pride in spades, and will cheer every decision, good or bad without the need to be encouraged. If thats intimidating then I give up, but i know one thing, and that's that we always make EXP a fortress. Plus it didn't help that they only had 3 supporters turn up. Hopefully the plush surroundings of the Celtic Manor was a lot less intimidating for them after a relaxing spa night to sooth those battered bodies and rest those inflated egos
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

I was on the main gate and was nothing but friendly, sociable and very amenable with the few RGC supporters that graced our presence.
When I left my station and became a supporter I would like to believe I was intimidating but only to the opposition players, I did my job on both counts. I may boo a decision I disagree with, I may tell the ref he was poor, but given the opportunity I also congratulate the ref when he deserves it.
I did this at Bargoed in the cup game, thought he reffed very well.
Exciting, nailbiting match that did service to Ross Jones 200th game. Well done everyone at EVRFC.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Just bade farewell to our family who were down for the weekend .They are from North Wales and support the GOGS.They were blown away by the welcome they had from our club and have asked me to thank all concerned for the treatment they received.Now for the match,apart for the first 15 minutes when it seemed that tackling was a crime and they were gifted two tries that was one of the most emotional,exciting games i have seen in the `70 years i have supported this club.Most of what has been said i wholly support,but to leave the ground simply bursting with pride is a feeling nothing can ever replace.The support from the bank was absolutely amazing and the response from the team said it all just felt so proud and humble to have been part of it.
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

I see that Dai Langdon has had his red card rescinded, sense at last
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

In addition to complete agreement with everything on here, can I just compliment the intelligence shown by our players as the game neared its end. Firstly, in driving left towards the posts so that the inevitable penalty would be on the better side for Dan and, secondly, in running the clock down with that series of pick and drives. It's the top two inches that make the difference at this level.
Fantastic.

Picking up on marshomano's excellent post, I can only assume that the handful of RGC supporters were intimidated by the shock of hearing spontaneous emotional outpourings. I do sympathise: when one is accustomed to having everything choreographed, it must be strange to hear people improvising. However, I must genuinely compliment those few who made the effort to travel down for this game. It's a long and difficult (though beautiful) journey and at least they bothered, unlike the other 999,992 who stayed at home. (Statistical source: the side of the team bus - "team of a million").
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

valleyblues wrote:I see that Dai Langdon has had his red card rescinded, sense at last
Quite right, too! I wouldn't even have given a yellow card as there was absolutely no intent on Dai's part and the entire incident was caused by the RGC boy slipping. I'm sure he was genuinely injured, but a whistle from the ref to ensure he was treated appropriately, then a scrum to RGC to restart would have been sufficient.
gtc

Post by gtc »

valleyblues wrote:I see that Dai Langdon has had his red card rescinded, sense at last
Following a post match review by the referee! What happened? RGC/WRU had their money back because the plan didn't work and Ebbw won!

Seriously, why would the referee's post match review find anything different from the three officials' original two minute discussion on the field? Everybody at the ground at the time could see that the North Walian ( :wink: ) slipped into the tackle.

Well down Ebbw for beating a region and poor officials.
chris

Post by chris »

Agree with most of what has already been said. Proud of our players and their performance, proud of our support which was outstanding, and pleased that common sense has (eventually) prevailed and that Dai's red card has been overturned - I like many others was truly astounded when the ref produced a red card, it was a clear slip into contact!

A great win in the circumstances, well done all!
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

I can only agree with every comment made on the forum. Our boys are certainly coming of age. The three second rows are turning into amazing ball carriers . Our back row is strong and will be among the best in the premiership. That's without the 120% performance guaranteed by Rhys Clarke week in and out. Sam Ireland looks good at scrum half and once again Dai Langdon showed he s a class act. We have developed a team ethic,that the three muskateers used . it s all for one and one for all. Dan Haymond with his nerves of steel nonchalantly knocking that penalty over was first class. Don t know about Dan but my bottom was making buttons.Ross and Oaksy are getting better with age , they destroyed the RGC props and that was the catalyst that got us back into the game. We powered through their pack. Mr Botica did nt like being roughed up a bit and he went right of his game in my opinion. As for the comments from RGC supporters that they felt intimadated by our group of supporters that is simply sour grapes. It appears to me that if you are a vocal supporter you can be considered rude or aggressive BY MANY OF THE CLUBS WITH LIMITED SUPPORT. whatever happened to banter on the bank. it used to be part of the enjoyment of watching a game. The days of witty banter are slowly dwindling sadly.
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

gtc wrote:
Following a post match review by the referee! What happened? RGC/WRU had their money back because the plan didn't work and Ebbw won!

Seriously, why would the referee's post match review find anything different from the three officials' original two minute discussion on the field? Everybody at the ground at the time could see that the North Walian ( :wink: ) slipped into the tackle.

Well down Ebbw for beating a region and poor officials.
Video presumably?