Bedwas

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

jadegoodiesfridge

Bedwas

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Well that was a tough old game,not a classic by any stretch of the imagination, but once again Ebbw put in another good shift.Thought the lad from Newbridge ( Paul King ?.....was that his name ?? ) looked very impressive, and that break he made was ,as they say,scintillating, to set up Lewis Young's try,great lay off too.When was the last time you saw a centre in an Ebbw shirt making a break as good as that ? After that it was a war of attrition, two big packs hammering away at each other,plenty of mistakes and plenty of penalties. Have to say I like Craig Evans, I believe he's got a big future ahead of him as one of Wales' top referees, but for the life of me I didn't know what game he was Reffing yesterday. Sorry Craig ,not one of your better games.Big mention about Joe Franchie ,bloody awful against Aberavon.When he came on yesterday we were 18-13 down and needed someone to inject some pace into our game .Joe did exactly that creating mayhem in the Bedwas ranks ,and in my opinion turned the game around for us in the last ten minutes. Good win for Ebbw against probably ,the best team we've played all season.