pre season v Chinnor

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

viewfromthestand

pre season v Chinnor

Post by viewfromthestand »

Great to get back into a Saturday afternoon with the Steelmen family. Great to see so many over at Nantyglo but a shame most of them were the usual suspects.
First half we were off the pace and allowed a well drilled very able Chinnor side to run in tries from all angles. Their right winger had some gas too. he could do some damage in the Welsh Premiership. We looked a little flat footed against a very nimble set of backs . Chinnor fiorwards provided a massive platform from which to launch the attacks. They deserved the hefty lead but pleasing from an Ebbw point of view our boys did nt give up.
second half was a different ball game we brought on our big guns and a different story ensued. We looked the more dominant team. We bossed many areas . Ash looked good in the boiler house. , great to see Carl Meyer in the centre and Geraint Rhys Jones gets our backline moving at pace. 5 all second half was a fair reflection of the overall game. I think Greg now knows who will be in the starting 15 and there are several players who will now know how hard the game is at this level and where they need to work.
looking forward to our first meaningful game at Llanelli this coming Saturday and I hope the addicts will be out in force to shout our boys on. This is a massive season for the club and every voice will make a difference.
html junkie

Re: pre season v Chinnor

Post by html junkie »

Can’t disagree with any of this VFTS. I doubt Ebbw will face another side with Chinnor’s pace and width this season. Great second half rally from the Steelmen!
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!