EBBW VALE V BRIDGEND

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

marshomano

EBBW VALE V BRIDGEND

Post by marshomano »

The team to play against Bridgend is:

15) Dan Haymond
14) Steffan Thomas
13) Carl Meyer
12) Dom Franchi
11) Toby Fricker
10) Rhys Jones
9) Matthew Flanagan
8) Lewis Young
7) Ronny Kynes (c)
6) Cameron Regan
5) Ashley Sweet
4) Lance Randall
3) Rob Sevenoaks
2) Joe Franchi
1) Joel Harries

16) Rhys Francis
17) Ross Jones
18) Rhys Clarke
19) Curtis Hicks
20) Kris Parker
21) Dai Jones
22) James Lewis
23) Paul King

ALSO

Big Congratulations to Joe Franchi who is making his 100th appearance for the club.
viewfromthestand

Re: EBBW VALE V BRIDGEND

Post by viewfromthestand »

AT THIS STAGE IN THE SEASON A WIN IS A WIN. TO WIN WHEN THINGS WERE GOING WRONG JUST SHOWS HOW GOOD A TEAM WE ARE . AS I SAID IN A PREVIOUS POST RE THE ABERAVON GAME WE ARE LIKE A PACK OF WOLVES WE FIGHT FOR EACH OTHER AND DON T GIVE UP. LOTS OF MISTAKES YESTERDAY BUT HORRIBLE CONDITIONS TO PLAY IN. BRIDGEND WERE CONTENT TO SPOIL EVERYTHING , THEY GOT A MAN ON THE FLOOR AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO ROLL THE MAUL. THEY NIGGLED AND LIKE A TERRIER THEY BIT HARD AT THE BIGGER DOG. ULTIMATELY, WE WON 4 FROM 4 AND WE LEARNED A LESSON DON T TREAT ANY TEAM LIGHTLY IN THIS LEAGUE THEY BITE YOU BACK.
jadegoodiesfridge

Re: EBBW VALE V BRIDGEND

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Well that was ummm....a lot of fun.Seriously,not a great game,and not a great performance,but 4 games in and we're still unbeaten.Despite Bridgend's proclamation that " we wuz robbed" I never thought for a moment ,despite how bad we were ,that Ebbw would lose.If they had it was down to our failings rather than Bridgend's dominance.In my opinion There was a lot of talk after the ordeal of the officiating.Strange yellow for Clarkey ,having a body fall in his head straight after coming on ,then having a card waved in his face just to add insult to injury.Ouch !Plus Sweety being penalised for walking slowly !! Bizarre ! Have to say that was Carl Meyer's worst game for us in about what is it ? 40 odd games ( statisticians at the ready ) but I won't hold it against him,he's still a great player . Thought we got dragged into a scrap by Bridgend and white line fever set in .We're better than that and we'll learn. Greg will sort that out .No problem .Now to Bridgend .Aah Bridgend ! I always perceived them as Welsh rugby's trendy vicar.Yesterday they reminded me of Bargoed RFC circa 2012.Flexing their muscles and showing off their tattoos in the bar afterwards.Bunch of silly boys on and off the pitch.sad really,but Will Holley was good though.Have to admit.Who's next .....oh aye !.....Neath away .Nice club.