Neath v Ebbw

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

html junkie

Neath v Ebbw

Post by html junkie »

Everyone still in shock I assume! Rarely can the cliché “game of two halves” be so apt!

Ebbw’s tenacity after half time was admirable, and I do hope Greg Woods is ok today!
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
Stevey

Re: Neath v Ebbw

Post by Stevey »

html junkie wrote: 30 Sep 2018 12:00 Everyone still in shock I assume! Rarely can the cliché “game of two halves” be so apt!

Ebbw’s tenacity after half time was admirable, and I do hope Greg Woods is ok today!
I know I'm just getting over it.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

What a comeback, I know my nerves were in tatters at the end of the game. I can t get over the fact that we continue to allow sides to get a head start . Our discipline first half was shocking again and then second half we become a more aggressive , a more disciplined outfit The courage we show is incredible. Neath looked good first half but faded badly second period. Regan Kings years of experience showed . He put some lovely touches in and got players coming off him in all sorts of angles. His legs would nt carry him for 80 mins , the whole Neath side looked out on their feet. How many changes did they make . It appeared to me they used the rules to their benefit. Correct me if I m wrong but I thought it was only blood injury and HIA assessed players to come back on. An injured knee does nt count. I think the assistant ref lost count how many changes Neath made . It looked to me that players were coming and going off the field at will.
Nevertheless , we won and in the end convincingly. Greg must have a magic set in the changing rooms and he conjures up a spell and puts it on the boys. 5 from 5 it is . Hoping for 6 from 6 this week. Swansea don t look bad after seeing them for 25 seconds on scrum v.
A big round of applause to our two stalwarts Ross and Rob especially Rob another 80 mins each . Not bad when you go to the post office on a Thursday for your pension. Got to love these two guys and their 110 % commitment. It is nt easy out there in the front row with every new young buck trying to destroy you. Great to see Rhys Clarke on the pitch from the off. We have so much quality in our backrow . Many teams wouldwant what we had on the bench. So , now my nerves have stopped me shaking I m still smiling .
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Tiger Woods ain't smiling this weekend........but I bet Greg Woods still is. :D
piglet

Post by piglet »

Nerve shredding as it was, I think the most interesting element of Saturday was the psychological side of the game.

Both winning and losing is a habit.

Excellent as Neath were first half, you could almost see them shrink after our first try and doubts grew. At that point I think that they were a defeated side because they believed that they were. The open running play of the first half disappeared as the forwards kept the ball tight which played to our strength.

On the other hand, we have had a great start to the season and knew that we could turn around a 17 point half time deficit because we had done it before. We simply knew that could, and would, win.

For the sake of nerves of all the supporters, however, can we please stop doing this escape act now?