EBBW VALE V CROSS KEYS

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

marshomano

EBBW VALE V CROSS KEYS

Post by marshomano »

This is the Steelmen selection for tomorrow’s home game with Cross Keys (5:10pm):

Dan Haymond, Paul King, Carl Meyer, James Lewis, Toby Fricker; Rhys Jones, Dai Jones; Ross Jones, Rhys Francis, Rob Sevenoaks; Kristian Parker, Ashley Sweet; Rhys Clarke, Ronny Kynes (capt), Lewis Young.

Subs: Joe Franchi, Joel Harries, Curtis Hicks, Lance Randall, Cameron Regan, Matthew Flanagan, Owen Young, Stefan Thomas.
viewfromthestand

Re: EBBW VALE V CROSS KEYS

Post by viewfromthestand »

In the famous voice of Len Goodman I can hear that number 7. Seven out of seven. We as supporters can t ask for more. Once again we turned over a dogged Cross Keys team. In fact in my opinion we made them look very ordinary.
Some top class displays from all but I feel dominance c ame from the scrum . The front row boys did us proud. My hero Oaksy gave a 22 capped prop a lesson and Ross eat Cornock for tea.
MOM deserved by Franco but could have gone to any of the front 3.
Hope Ash is ok looked in severe pain. Ribs hurt when they re injured.
Dan Haymond was tremendous . launched some amazing counter attacks. To conclude. A great team performance led by a great leader in Ronnie. Could nt beca prouder Steelman . Keep it up my heros
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Well ,we were all wondering when Ebbw would put in a full 80 and last night they did just that against a tough Keys side .We used the conditions well in the first half ,playing with a gale force wind at your back you need to go in at least 15 points up at half time .Once we got the third try I felt Keys had their work cut out.Toveys attempts at using the wind wasn't half as effective as Carls and the clock just wound down .What summed up the spirit of this Ebbw side was when Keys laid siege inside our 22 for a full three minutes only to be hit back by a red green and white wall ,ultimately losing the ball in contact .Fantastic defence. I thought Carl and James in the centre were awesome.With Dan regularly counter attacking.this was a great display from the backs in difficult conditions.As for the pack.Awesome .Truly awesome.Woodsy has got these boys on fire ,even losing Ash as early as we did didn't faze us .We brought Lance on ,business as usual .Never relish going to Ponty,hardly a warm welcome down there .But I'm looking forward to next weekend .Ole Ole be buggered.Bring em on !!
abergavenny plodder

Post by abergavenny plodder »

Very good again , just a pity more didn't come out to watch the game in person rather than stay home and watch it on TV as they missed a thrilling match. Well done Ebbw keep it up !
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

You're right Abergavenny Plodder, it would have looked better for the cameras, created a better atmosphere and helped the club's finances.....you could always record the game and watch it on Sunday like I did.
P.S. I was also at the game on Saturday night.
String

Post by String »

I watched it on TV. Its about the best i can manage from 7000 miles away with a midnight kickoff.
Personally im glad it WAS shown !