Newport

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

chris

Newport

Post by chris »

Haven't posted in a while, but still stunned by our performance last night, so thought I would share my thoughts on it.

To let a 17-3 lead slip away like that was really dissapointing. Our pack were bullied last night, certainly can't remember the last time I said that. I thought a number of players looked tired, and ran out of steam badly in the second-half.

Our backs looked impotent in attack, very one-paced and short of ideas. We were slow and ponderous, and too sluggish in getting the ball away from breakdowns.

I appreciate that the conditions weren't great, but it was the same for both sides and I felt that we were second best from 20 mins onwards. Really disappointing.

I would like us to give Paul King a run at outside centre, and get Stef Thomas back onto the wing. We need to inject some pace into our backline, as at the moment we're easy to play against.

Hopefully we'll put in a much better performance next week. Having now lost four in a row, we need to get back on track.
Stevey

Re: Newport

Post by Stevey »

Think you made a fair assessment there Chris, seemed to be no energy in our game at all.
abergavenny plodder

Post by abergavenny plodder »

Another poor result and in all reality we were lucky to get a bonus point that we barely deserved. We were second best all over the field last night and confidence seems low as do energy levels. Over the opening 2 months of the season we seemed to become stronger after the break but lately we have clearly run out of steam second half. Joel Harris , Ashley Sweet , Rhys Clarke and Lance Randell are all huge losses and the squad seems somewhat threadbare after our first choice 23 or so players. I know Joe Franchi offers much in loose play but can we find someone else to throw into the line out as no team can be competitive losing most of their own line out ball as it makes it impossible to build any pressure. Time to put my hand in my pocket I think and contribute to friends of EVRFC as if we want a successful team then have to be prepared to put something in ourselves.Keep the faith, things will improve when our injured return. C mon Ebbw !
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Spot on Abergavenny Plodder, and about the Friends of EVRFC you're right, we have had two more people sign up this week and like I said before we don't expect a lot from anyone just a little bit from a lot, and the success or failure of this project will reflect in the coming season or two.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Though it hurts to admit it ,they were by far the better team on the night.Reflecting on the game ,we made so many basic schoolboy errors .Winning 17 3 with 5 minutes to half time,kicked directly into touch from the scrum they score .3 minutes to half time we have a clearance kick charged down they score. 14 points gifted on a plate which completely changed the game.Still come on lads we wiil always back you and am convinced there are better things to come.