carmarthan quins

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

viewfromthestand

carmarthan quins

Post by viewfromthestand »

Can t believe how quiet this forum has gone. Usually loads of interesting posts to read. Anyway , here s my view from Friday nights game.
Surprisingly I thought the Carmarthan back line lacked lustre , which is nt what you normally get from them . They have had pace to burn out wide for many seasons . I think it was their total inability to cut us up that won us the game. Our defensive effort was sublime. We tackled everything that moved and looked very much like the pack of wolves that played against Aberavon early on this season. We made some wonderful line breaks on Friday which has been lacking in our run of losses . Carl Meyer seems to be playing in fits and starts . When he does switch on there is no better centre in the premiership and you can see why he was given a regional contract. Lewis Young at 8 is in incredible form , his pick ups from a retreating scrum are incredible. Ronny, Cammy AND Rhys Clarke are all 110% players and we look a better team when all three are on the pitch . We need them there as often as possible. I am delighted we won on Friday , we need to keep up this next week at Bargoed. Well done boys made my weekend.
Stevey

Re: carmarthan quins

Post by Stevey »

Agree entirely with that post viewfromthestand, don't know why this forum Is so quiet, it usually needs a club crisis to go into overdrive.......maybe I'd rather it stay quiet in that regard then.
DaiLew

Post by DaiLew »

Great to get the win again. Made my weekend too!
Still not clicking completely and strange to see our scrum go backwards a couple of times.
However, no one can question the commitment of the players - the defence was outstanding for most of the game. Just a pity we couldn’t finish off more of the attacks. Confidence should be on the way back up.
Baffled by a few decisions both for and against us though.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Couldn't go to the game .Working.Saw it on telly.Chris Coleman looked a big bugger.How did Josh Lewis get on ? Hard to guage on tv. It seemed to me he was big in defence,saw very little of him going foreward.But all in all......!?
piglet

Post by piglet »

I don't think that we can understate the importance of Ashley Sweet's return from injury.

He returns. We win our line out and we steal some of their ball.

For me he was instrumental in the win.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Agree Piglet, Ash is a talented player with all round ability. Not only in the lineout he gets about the field too. it s good to see his long legs going off on one of his trademark jaunts. Pity that Captain Fantastic Ronny was injured in this one and appears ruled out for the rest of the season.