bargoed

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

david brown

bargoed

Post by david brown »

Thought i would open the batting about yesterdays game.Playing up the slope against the elements we were in control for 38 minutes .Then we had the debacle of an extra 10 minutes added on until it appeared the referee wanted Bargoed to score.The second half he penalised us for offences which were utterly baffling to we people watching .Bargoed got away with everything ,yet he did all in his power to make sure they would win.Our fitness shone through in the last 10 minutes when justice was done After the game i went to the toilet ,the EBBW changing room doors were wide open and the whole squad were singing out loud SLOOP JOHN B.What a wonderful show of the pride all those players have wearing the jersey Absolutely bloody brilliant ,made my day.
jadegoodiesfridge

Re: bargoed

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Left the park with a huge sigh of relief .You just felt we had the class to cut loose but the clock just kept ticking down with Bargoed clawing themselves back until ultimately taking the lead with just ten minutes left.What a score from Lloyd Evans ! Fantastic team effort when we were up against it. I felt Lloyd had a great game ,and looked handy at scrum half also ! Line out was faultless,which just underlines the fact that if Ash is injured ,we struggle .That's an Achilles heel for us at this moment .But it was good to see Jonathan Davies looking as fit as I've seen him for a while .Nice to see him back .Our backs yesterday was probably the strongest back line in red,green ,and white I can remember in a long while,that was screaming for the ball.It was frustrating as hell watching Bargoed go through the phases for lengthy periods of time when we had the likes of Jack Dixon and Carl Meyer unable to touch the ball.Message to the Dragons ! Can we keep Jack till the end of the season ? Please ! The guy was awesome.Highlight of a very frustrating second half was Carl Meyer's clearance kick way inside our 22 which ended up with a line out way in the Bargoed 22 !! Phenomenal kick. The Ref ?...as David suggested ,some head scratching on the sidelines.Dai's yellow was bizarre,the ball seemingly popped out of Bargoed's scrum,sat all alone on the grass for a few seconds only for Dai to spot it and pick it up .His reward ? a yellow card !After that, a try was inevitable .Just another observation.Sat in the stand for the first time ever.Could only see half the field .Couldn't see a bloody thing when the ball went to the left. Stood by the railing second half.All in all ,great five pointer against a really stubborn Bargoed side who weren't as bad as many suggested
Farmerboy

Post by Farmerboy »

Couldn't agree more with above posts. Fail to see how a ref could possibly get so many decisions wrong in the same game. Why are the assistant refs present didn't do anything all game.
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

Have to agree with all the above posts, Referee wasn't quite at the races, Dai's yellow was a shocker and where did the extra 10 minutes in the first half come from. All in all though a good result against a side who recently beat Aberavon
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

Mr Jones the referee had a fairly forgetable afternoon, but I didn’t think he favoured either side. Our first try had more than a hint of a forward pass in the build up, for instance. The 10 minutes added to the first half was because we got stuck in a penalty that had to be played out. I thought Dai was unlucky as the scrum appeared to have broken up and the ball seemed to be in the open. However, I was a long way away and the ref was right on the spot so, who knows?
As is often the case, we got dragged into an arm wrestle with a physical and fiercely competitive Bargoed team. When we used the ball expansively, we looked much better than them. Lesson learned, hopefully!
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
david brown

Post by david brown »

SOME STATISTICS TO MULL OVER.BARGOED AWARDED 23 PENALTIES .EBBW VALE 8.SECOND HALF 13 HOME SIDE 3 AWAY .IN MY VERY HUMBLE OPINION ,THAT DOES NOT SEEM VERY FAIR TO ME.THOUGHT MR JONES WAS TOTALLY INEPT AND HE COULD SO EASILY HAVE COST US THE GAME.
david brown

Post by david brown »

SOME STATISTICS TO MULL OVER.BARGOED AWARDED 23 PENALTIES .EBBW VALE 8.SECOND HALF 13 HOME SIDE 3 AWAY .IN MY VERY HUMBLE OPINION ,THAT DOES NOT SEEM VERY FAIR TO ME.THOUGHT MR JONES WAS TOTALLY INEPT AND HE COULD SO EASILY HAVE COST US THE GAME.
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

It seems to me that we cough up a lot of penalties every game. Can all the refs be wrong, or does our discipline need some work?
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

My view has been slow coming this week as I forgot my password for my phone and have nt been near the computer but today as it s damp and dismal I have ventured upstairs and turned the machine on.
I have to agree with all posts , we seem to enter an wrestling match with teams like Bargoed. We do the same v Cross Keys and Bedwas. We had a dream backline for this game and all we gave them was slow ponderous ball. Got involved in the arm wrestle and nearly allowed a dogged Bargoed side into the game. Discipline has been shocking since the first game this season and it was nt good last season. Too often we are penalised when we are in attacking positions , in fact one Bargoed score came from us giving two penalties away . One from 5 meters from Bargoed line which was put out on the 10 meter line, the second straight after. putting us in our 22. NO work for Bargoed forwards to do. We chat back too, giving the referees a chance to march us 10 yards. I m pleased with the win and the bonus point but we should have put Bargoed to the sword. I know the weather did not help with an expansive game but when we went wide we scored. Thought Luke Evans had a good first game in our colours , jack Dixon looked sharp and some deft touches from Josh Lewis. Carl Meyer seems more at home at full back but Dan commands his place there. I think like many of my school reports the words COULD DO BETTER! spring to mind.
Now I ll get started on Mr Rhys Jones and his display of appalling refereeing , The only consistent was he was equally appalling for both sides. Sorry Rhys but your out of your depth at this level. Why have touch judges if they are not used. Surely , they would be better used as refs in the lower league and learn the trade. Will definitely voice my opinion when I bump into Mr Adams. Bring on the city slickers , we need to be on our fell mettle v them