Bury St.Edmunds

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

jadegoodiesfridge

Bury St.Edmunds

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Good run out Saturday,against a pretty robust BSE.Heard a few negative comments in the wake of the previous game mainly concerning the backs .Thought they went well Saturday.First up tackling was lack lustre in the first 20, after that ..excellent.put the opposition on the back foot regularly. Line out went like a dream.Joe appears to have been working on his throwing in at the back of the line out.It worked really well with Cameron in tandem. Hope Ashley 's shoulder injury isn't too bad. Hard old slog for the front five in the scrums against a few big lumpers,but I expect the boys wouldn't have wanted it any other way.Now for the new boys ,many of which were on show.So please enlighten me as to their names.In particular ,surprise suprise,the ginger headed winger,( wow ! Very impressive),the number 6 with the scrum cap ( got a feeling I ought to know him,but didn't) ,and ,no offence intended,the black winger /centre who came on at the end and scored.He really did look a handful.All in all an enjoyable afternoon in the sun watching Ebbw.Great tan too.
viewfromthestand

Re: Bury St.Edmunds

Post by viewfromthestand »

Welcome back Mr Fridge , I was starting to feel like Billy No Mates on this forum. I agree with all your comments. A solid test of rugby in severe heat. Our boys fronted up well to a very robust looking BsTE pack. Some of who had English championship experience with the likes of Bedford etc. The winger with the ginger is Dafydd Thomas, a former Cardiff Blues Academy player from Aberdare. The no 6 is Dan Hill, formerly of Clifton RFC, Bristol, but Welsh qualified as he s from Radyr. The Fijian on the wing late second half turned up at training last week and to date I have no name but rest assured I find out soon.
First league game V Newport a week Saturday and my excitement levels are going through the roof. We have an updated PA system that should be audilble to all. We have a solid squad and great coaches. So , we need our supporters more than ever. STEELMEN!!!!!!!!
jadegoodiesfridge

Re: Bury St.Edmunds

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Cheers for that karl,thought it might have been Dan Hill,but wasn't quite sure.Looking forward to the start of the season now.The squad is certainly taking shape.