Drovers

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

marshomano

Drovers

Post by marshomano »

Couple of changes in key positions here from what we've seen in the last 2 games. Good to see Kingy back who partners dom in the centre, and dai moves to 10

15 Dan Haymond
14 Dafydd Thomas
13 Paul King
12 Dom Franchi
11 Euan Rosser
10 Dai Langdon
9 Sam Ireland
8 Lewis Young
7 Cameron Regan
6 Dan Hill
5 Ashley Sweet (capt)
4 Lance Randall
3 Chris Coleman
2 Rhys Francis
1 Luke Garrett

16 Ross Jones
17 Joe Franchi
18 Rob Sevenoaks
19 Max Ayling
20 Owen Young
21 Dai Jones
22 Matthew Flanagan
23 Ethan Phillip
marshomano

Re: Drovers

Post by marshomano »

Away today , missed the game but followed Keenly. I knew we'd win this one. Fantastic ebbw well done!!
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Well done Ebbw Vale, tremendous game of rugby this afternoon and really enjoyed it.

A few lapse in concentration allowed them to score a a couple of try’s, but our response when that happened was outstanding.

Thought young Ethan had his best game yet, and certainly very worthy of his man of the match award.

All in all, a brilliant spectacle for Ebbw Vale supporters.

The Vale players and coaches should be proud of that performance - very proud indeed.
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Quite right Phil. Time to add my thoughts on Saturday 's game before it goes in the "one to remember " section.Must admit my heart sank when I found out Dai Langdon had pulled out due to illness.But up stepped Ethan to face the might of Rees and Maynard.No pressure then.Well ! I didn't see that coming.Ethan played like a finely tuned piano to coin a phrase.Nothing flash,just a simple game plan that kept our forwards driving onwards,and our backs on their toes.Ethan didn't even attempt the long penalty kick to the corner flag,obviously remembering his attempt that backfired at Merthyr.Instead he just found touch in the 22, and let the forwards grunt the ball to the try line.Four tries against that backline was phenomenal,and Jack Maynard must have been sick of the sight of Dan Haymond.Dan was every bloody where.Went away with a big smile on my face after that performance.Well done the coaches,Game plan .Perfect. The crowd ? Poor. Our good friend Dai Evans highlighted in the week on Twitter that attendances were down,and on Saturday,even some of our diehards were missing,which really is troublesome. I popped in Spoons on the way home and the place was rammed full.Obviously Ebbw people find having eight pints on a Saturday afternoon a more attractive proposition than watching rugby ten minutes down the road .Granted,not everyone likes Rugby,but when many people approach Ebbw supporters after the game to ask how the boys got on you feel like telling them to put their pint down at Two o' clock ,and bloody well find out for themselves.!!! Rant over. See you all Friday at Sardis. Come on Ebb.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Agree with all the comments here, I think we can take Ponty as long as we believe in ourselves and they will know from this result that we can do them too.
I am a die-hard but was not on the terrace but in the grandstand as my mate had a foot injury but i too am concerned about our numbers.
abergavenny plodder

Post by abergavenny plodder »

Couldn't make the game on Saturday as was working but like others was following on twitter. Must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the result . Think with the World Cup, the Premiership has been forgiven about somewhat and the season become disjointed which has probably affected the crowd. I m sure things will improve and crowds are poor everywhere even Ponty. Watched the Ospreys v Benneton game on S4C on weekend and looked like there was no one there. Ponty have had a poor start and a good time to be playing them. C mon Ebbw !