Pontypridd Away

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Phillip Grey

Pontypridd Away

Post by Phillip Grey »

Good luck this evening Ebbw Vale

Won't be travelling down in this atrocious weather, but will be cheering from the comfort of my settee.

Afraid my days of driving in awful weather in the dark are gone now, but will be there in spirit.
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
Phillip Grey

Re: Pontypridd Away

Post by Phillip Grey »

Looked awful conditions there, that obviously paid a part.

Pontypridd if I’m honest looked hungrier, with their line speed, counter rucking and first up hits in defence. On balance they deserved to win the game.

I don’t think we played that bad, but could have been smarter and after getting knocked backwards with the ball looked to panic a bit and not know how to counteract.

Showed great energy to get the try at the end to get a bonus point.

Was always going to be difficult game at Sardis Road, a little disappointed but not down beat and delighted we at least got a losing bonus.

Big game we must win next week, and confidently we can do it.

P.S. Definitely not a try to the Ponty scrum half, poor call in my opinion.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

I was one of the handful of Ebbw supporters who headed down to Sardis last night,and for once I'm not going to mention my thoughts on the game.I will though bring to everyone 's attention to" the Sardis experience " this term.To suggest that Rent a mob were following Pontypridd this season is an understatement.All the years I have been going down there ,last night was by far the worst.Their supporters didn't like Ebbw.They bloody HATED us !!! and were baying for blood right from the word go.and that hatred wasn't reserved just for us.Ian Davies and his team were subjected to a relentless barrage of abuse THROUGHOUT the game that bordered on the downright confrontational.I hope Ian has the good sense to file a report to the WRU as to what he and his assistants had to endure last night.No doubt this is what ALL officials have to endure at Sardis. Then there was the little punch up prior to half time which led to Cameron and Ben" little boy blue " jones seeing yellow.A dust up between Pontypridd and Ebbw is inevitable whenever they play,but this really brought the Ponty supporters to life.They were actually screaming at their backs who were standing on their ten metre line to wade in and smash anything in an Ebbw Jersey in the face,which they obliged much to the delight of the Pontypridd supporters.It was one of the most mind blowing things I've ever witnessed at a rugby match in over 40 years of watching the game.So sad.The berating Ian Davies received when he ultimately awarded Ebbw a penalty was also shocking ,despite it being the correct call penalising Kris Parker for not retreating from a moving Ebbw maul despite being repeatedly told to by the assistant ref.( He got it in the neck also ).There was a few morons constantly drinking bottles of Stella who were screaming for Ebbw "offences " that never even happened .We weren't allowed to make a tackle,have a scrum( which was always deemed illegal) a line out ( which was always "not straight ") not be offside ,which apparently we were throughout,and how dare we turn up at Sardis to play Ponty.And by the way ,the two disallowed Stuckey tries that went TMO were tries because Kingy and Dan had impeded Stuckey both times !!I could go on,( I think I will ) the berating of Euan Rosser,the juvenile Eee Aaw- ing of Dai's kick straight to touch.Juvenile back in the day and juvenile now,It is comforting to know that Pontys crowd are the only supporters in Wales who still go Eee Aww when a kick goes straight to touch. Pathetic really.What did wind me up was when Ross made his entrance and was deemed a W***** by the Pontypridd supporters.To put Ross into perspective as a rugby player.He could have played for many clubs in his long career ,but has remained loyal to one ,just like Lockyer,Ross is a legend within Welsh club rugby ,and for those "people" who regard him as a w***** should never be allowed near a rugby ground.I'm a grandad now and it has to be said ,the thought of taking my three year old granddaughter to a Rugby match at Sardis scares me.My brother in law refuses to set foot in the place due to an altercation with a Ponty supporter three years ago.I am now seriously considering to do such like.It has become more toxic than normal down there now ,and not for the faint hearted.By the way I thought Ian Davies and his assistants had a good game ....and we lost.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

That’s appalling behaviour from those so called supporters. Did you raise it to a Pontypridd Committee Member?

I didn’t go this time, but usually sit in the grandstand and it’s generally ok in there.