Carmarthen Home

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

chris

Carmarthen Home

Post by chris »

Thought i’d Leave my review of yesterday’s game. Firstly i’m bitterly disappointed that we didn’t get the win, in what I thought pre-game was a must win fixture. The second-half performance was a huge improvement on the first, but we simply gave ourselves too much to do, gifting them at least 14 points with poor defence and missed tackles early on.

We also kicked a lot of ball away and most of it was pretty aimless in all honesty, didn’t make a lot of sense to me and gifted Carmarthen possession. Paul King was the bright spark in midfield, but when he went off injured in the second-half we lacked someone in midfield able to make an outside break.

It must have been hard mentally after last week’s annihilation at Cardiff and I suppose at least we got a losing bonus point (which we could have easily lost at the death), but I guess only time will tell whether it will be enough.

I think my aspiration for the season is simply to stay up, so in that respect anything other than 12th does the job.

Here’s hoping we can start to pick up the odd win, particularly at home, to help take a bit of pressure off.

Onto the next game...
Phillip Grey

Re: Carmarthen Home

Post by Phillip Grey »

Just very disappointed, we gave away too much possession and lapses in concentration saw them score too easily.

Don’t know where we go from here, we need a game changer, a controller, someone to tactically run the game for us.

Someone like Rhys Jones.

Not expecting anything from RGC, so if Bridgend beat Carmarthan we could find ourselves deservedly bottom Saturday night (and they have a game in hand). Sorry for being such a doom monger but I can see us staying there until the inevitable happens and Pontypool replace us in the premiership.

I’m just really sad and down about it at the moment, appreciate we had to cut costs and budget, but think it’s gone a bit far to the point if us not having a premiership capable team.

Not knocking effort by the players, the endeavour is there but the strength and experience is not.

Hopefully we’ll have something to cheer us all up soon.
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
The Watcher

Re: Carmarthen Home

Post by The Watcher »

I can certainly understand the frustration of supporters and it is also etched on the faces of the coaches and officials.

We do lack a controller and having spoke to an official the club are actively pursuing one

If the club had not taken the steps that it did, its pretty likely there would have been no club to watch by Christmas, this was pretty clear from the AGM