Bridgend

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

marshomano

Bridgend

Post by marshomano »

Annoyed enough with the result. Even more annoyed with the slander and abuse directed at Dai Langdon from our bank. You boys think you can do better, you best suit up and get down there. I'm not emotionally ready to discuss or think about the game, but I do know the answer doesn't lie with abusing our own players
Malpas69

Re: Bridgend

Post by Malpas69 »

Given our current plight, I think that it is inevitable that emotions are running high. I think that there is a stark difference between abuse and criticism. If you feel that you heard some of our supporters verbally abusing Dai, then that is obviously, completely out of order. I myself did hear people shouting at Dai, but it was more around some of his decision making (e.g. kicking when he should have passed) and I am sure that if you sat down and asked him, he would agree that some of his decisions and game management was not quite "on the money" today. It is also not fair and not appropriate to single out one particular player. There were plenty of other reasons why we did not win that match today - discipline obviously being a major factor!
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Abysmal performance, one game you thought they would be well up for and it looked like they couldn’t care less.

No flair, no passion, no will to win so the deserved result was no win.

Three home games we should have targeted for points and 3 losses says it all on where we are.

Don’t condone any abuse at players though no matter how dire we are.

I do wonder why we persist with Dai when our new signing (who had a rave write up when he joined) us bench warming.

We were lacking that threat again, with the backs not looking like they are joined up. That stems from the half backs ability to link with the line and give them a platform.

Crowd was also dire, and it looks like we are going backwards or should I sadly say downwards.

Yours sincerely

Depressed from Monmouth
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
marshomano

Post by marshomano »

Malpas69 wrote: 14 Dec 2019 17:14 If you feel that you heard some of our supporters verbally abusing Dai, then that is obviously, completely out of order.
No feel about it. I heard it. And I told them straight, and the response from the people involved was just smiles. Which annoyed me even more. I'm not going to say what was running through my mind at the time , in fear of a lovely ban from EVRFC, but let's just say I wasn't impressed
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

marshomano wrote: 14 Dec 2019 18:00
Malpas69 wrote: 14 Dec 2019 17:14 If you feel that you heard some of our supporters verbally abusing Dai, then that is obviously, completely out of order.
No feel about it. I heard it. And I told them straight, and the response from the people involved was just smiles. Which annoyed me even more. I'm not going to say what was running through my mind at the time , in fear of a lovely ban from EVRFC, but let's just say I wasn't impressed
Fair enough.But there was one burning question which frustrated the hell out of us where I was standing.We made such a huge effort to get Lewis K .at our club,and God bless him for coming.So why the Hell didn't we utilise his experience in the second half,when quite clearly we needed someone of his calibre to turn the game in our favour.He was there .....IN THE STAND !!!! For eighty bloody minutes !!!!!
jeffsparks

Post by jeffsparks »

just looked at team sheet on web site and looks like lewis k was not actually on it so was there a late change that we were not aware off
I was there and agree targeting our players not called for I did thing the back line was not used as and attaching unit at all first though to kick and chase need to get better and use the good players we have
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Wasn't aware of Lewis' absence.Please ignore my previous post.