Aberavon

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Phillip Grey

Aberavon

Post by Phillip Grey »

Some new names in the team for today.

1) Ross Jones
2) Ellis Shipp
3) Chris Coleman
4) Max Ayling
5) Ashley Sweet
6) Dan Hill
7) Dawid Rubasniak
8 Lewis Young

9) Matthew Flanagan
10)Ethan Phillips
11) Ewan Rosser
12) Dom Franchi
13) Paul King
14) Mike Powell
15) Dan Haymond

16) Dave Whiting
17) Mikel Blake
18) Rob Sevenoaks
19) Ben Sier
20) Harry Harding
21) Dai Langdon
22) Dai Jones
23) Ryan Evans

Going to be a tough ask to get anything from the Talbot Athletic ground today.

Don’t think we’re are strong enough, but we have pulled off a few shocks so let’s hope for another one today or we could find ourselves rock bottom going into 2020.

Where his Lewis Williams? Is he injured as since signing him in not aware of him kicking a ball yet?
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
Phillip Grey

Re: Aberavon

Post by Phillip Grey »

According to my lady wife who is on the Twitter it is Aberavon 16 Ebbw Vale 8 half time.

Bridgend 3-0 down against Swansea
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Aberavon 26 Ebbw Vale 11
Bridgend 17 Swansea 3

We are deservedly bottom of the league, and it looks like we have big problems as can’t see where a win will come from now.

Don’t think it’s really fair all the time putting the onus onto supporters to contribute more. Ebbw Vale is in one of the poorest economic areas, so wages will be low and I don’t see how they can be expected to put more in when money is already tight. Nor do I think the club can be surprised when donations don’t come in, it’s not because people don’t care, it’s because they can’t afford too!

I don’t really understand how the purse strings are so tight this year compared to others either.

We’re staring straight at another relegation season, this time it’s not the coaches as think we are very well blessed in that department, it’s just the strength of the squad.

Does anyone have Rev Wagget’s number to see if he can have a word with the big guy?
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

No-one is forcing anyone to pay but asking for our supporters to do so, if they cannot do so then such is life, sadly as you state we are in a deprived area, I know, I've lived here all my life, nevertheless I have found that some who are more in the red than in the black are more willing to help.
As the money we receive from the WRU is reducing we have to somehow make up the shortfall, this is firstly addressed by looking at the commercial side of the business.......oh and yes it is a business. Secondly by cutting costs, which have been cut but there is only so far you can go with that, we still have to pay for things that the WRU insist we have, doctor, physio, insurance to name but few.
The last resort is to approach supporters, we are no different from other clubs who have done exactly this, with maybe more success I'm saddened to add.
Of course there is also the asset transfer of the ground that we have taken on with additional costs and is outside our control.......I really would like a solution rather than criticism to these financial problems.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Well ! We didn't play that badly to be fair.Their backs had a bit more cutting edge about them tbh.I'm convinced they wouldn't have been so dominant had we not lost Nye after 13 minutes.He really was causing Ravon a whole host of problems in such a short space of time,and when he went off,WE lost that cutting edge
.A shame.Had a bit of hope going into injury time just 9-8 down ,but that try they scored last move of the half was a body blow.Two scores down with the deluge just kicking in didn't bode well.
The second half was awful,understandably.We did have a chance with a five metres line out( super kick from Ethan ) late in the second half,but was swept away by Aberavon's tactic of a mass shove by seemingly all their players.Craig Evan's saw nothing wrong with it,I myself thought it was bloody dangerous.Imagine being the scrum half with that lot coming toward you.Scary !
On the subject of Craig Evans ( sorry ).He had a decent game ,let down by penalising Matthew Flanagan when he took a quick tap penalty,realised it wasn't an Ebbw penalty,then kicked the ball back toward Aberavon,only to be penalised by Craig an extra 10 which they duly converted to take them 9-8 up.Bit of the Big I Am from Craig Evans methinks.
Rock bottom at the moment,though I live in hope.Injuries are ever expanding( good to see Dai back though)but I'd like to think that once they all slowly come back ,we will have a team to be capable of beating the likes of Bridgend,Swansea,Carmarthen,away.Would be nice.