Drovers

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Bodie 007

Drovers

Post by Bodie 007 »

Well that was a draw that felt like a win, a hard fought game that Ebbw could have nicked but made all the harder by the weather we were lucky to have with us first half, but despite praying at half time, persisted against us in the second half. There seems to be a tougher edge to us now that we were missing in at least three games and with Rhys Jones joining the fray will I hope put us in good stead for the rest of the season.
Rhys Francis looked in considerable pain and will be a big loss after his returning first game.
Ashley tormented their line-outs and possibly disrupted four or five of them.
All in all a good team effort and good to see the new guys fit in excellently.
Phillip Grey

Re: Drovers

Post by Phillip Grey »

Didn’t go to the game today, as I don’t like long drives in poor conditions (and long drives don’t agree with me anymore!).

But it sounds like a tremendous effort by Ebbw Vale who played into the teeth of the wind and rain in the second half.

Well done, The church bank is a tough place to go on the best of days.

With Rhys Jones due to return this week feeling a lot more optimistic about there next few games as we desperately need points now.

Any other news on some other players? as a few whispers were doing the rounds about a centre.

Anyway, onwards and hopefully upwards
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Super effort by the boys yesterday in dreadful conditions,and,it has to be said,I thought we were worthy of a win at Church bank.What is it with Llandovery and shocking weather.Last time I was there we played in a snow blizzard ! Yesterday,it was a monsoon,but ALL our players who wore the red,green,and white were awesome.It was two old stagers who stole the show yesterday.Ashley cleaned Llandovery's line out......erm !....out ? snuffing out any chance of their dangerous backs running rings round us That didnt happen after their first very good try
Secondly.How many games has Ross Jones played for us now ? And was that arguably his best performance for us in all that time ? Ross was immense yesterday,causing pandemonium in Drover's ever retreating pack.
Ten- five never really looked enough at half time,as we turned around with a gale blowing into our faces,but incredibly we attempted to play rugby,and ran the bloody ball at them !!! It was a sight to behold seeing dripping wet props running into a hurricane with ball in hand determined to get Llandovery as far away from our line as possible
OK.our centres had a rush of blood to the head,leading up to their equalizing charged down try.But ,didn't Llandovery spill the ball back to us from their line out ? Should have been an Ebbw scrum,not a try.
The final whistle went with us still banging away IN THEIR HALF !!!and 10-10 it finished.A fine two pointer from Ebbw,and you could see what that shift meant to the boys summed up by one of our new boys,Corey Talbot( who was awesome )who came off soaked to the skin and thumping the club crest on his sodden jersey.Wonderful moment.
Also,a big mention for Llandovery male voice choir who banged out a few tunes in the clubhouse afterwards.Took me back to my teenage years spent up the Angel listening to Ebbw male voice choir singing whilst watching the five nations on the telly.Beer,Rugby,and Hymns.Just like the good old days.Fantastic day,and not a sheep's head or painted finger nail in sight.Pontypridd next.Let's have 'em !!!
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

Rhys Francis had a shoulder dislocated, he was in a lot of pain, credit to him he always gives it his all. It was put back in place on Saturday........ouch!