Quins

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Bodie 007

Quins

Post by Bodie 007 »

Had Ebbw played the first half like they did the second half I think we would have come away with the spoils. In the end, driving home, it felt like a win when you analyse where Quins are in the table and knowing how difficult they are to beat especially on their home patch.
I think Rhys Jones showed his class and knew what to do, when to do it and how to do it.
Good to see Joel Harries back and I think Dan Hill played very well too.
Bodie 007

Re: Quins

Post by Bodie 007 »

Oh and to respond to the know all Quins supporter who was stood near me, who quipped " she should be stood by the sink" after hearing one of our travelling women shouting support.............more of our women attended this fixture than men and women coming up to Ebbw from your club.........knuckle dragger!
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Always like the Carmarthen trip.There's always a warm welcome for us down there,and on returning home,I still enjoy going there.
Six all doesn't suggest that there was much to write home about.But this was a bullish performance from Ebbw against very good opposition .There were many in the red ,green,and white who put in a hell of a shift yesterday.My personal favourite was big Dave Whiting.I remember his debut for us was against the Quins.He gave away a penalty as soon as he came on,which consequently cost us seven points.I feared for Dave straight from the off when he dropped the ball from the kick off in our 22. There was no seven point for Quins this time though ,with our defence rock solid.After the pressure came off us ,Dave had a stormer !!
Much like the Drovers game ,our lead was slim at half time and the Quins had the elements to their advantage.They didn't reckon on their line out being snuffed out by Ashley and Corey though.No matter how many times they tried,their plan of a driving lineout was scuppered by our second row,eventually opting for a three pointer instead.After that there was only one team in it as Quins looked jaded,and Ebbw just got stronger .Couple of talking points in the latter stages.Mr.England changing his mind when he appeared to raise his arm for an Ebbw penalty in front of the posts from a powerful shove,and then put it down again.Then deep into injury time ,a five metres line out to us,only to see Joe's throw frustratingly find the Quins second row.Not blaming Joe,I think we won more ball off Carmarthens line out than our own.But,what if joe did find Ashley......??? Ah well ! never mind.Two points at Carmarthen can't be sniffed at.By the way,I did enjoy Andrew Waite's introduction.That poor Carmarthen player certainly came off second best.Look forward to seeing more of Andrew Waite in Ebbw colours in the future.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Should point out Dave dropped the ball at the start of the second half.......sorry Dave.