Ponty....

Whether you're looking forward to kick-off or the final whistle has blown, this is the place for supporters of EVRFC

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

String

Ponty....

Post by String »

Not sure where we go from here.
Played a very very ordinary Ponty side who due to being nearly as bad as us kept the score close for 50 mins before we did our usual implosion.

Our lineout was a 50/50 coin toss, scrum got hammered throughout.
When we did get ball our first and only instinct was yet again to kick (made worse by very inaccurate kicking. Out on the full, kicked dead). We look almost scared to try anything with the ball. Probably no surprise having done their homework Ponty effectively played with 3 full backs every time we had the ball ready to receive the kick.

Discipline yet again was awful.
We don't seem to be changing anything at all from game to game. Its the same problem, same tactics.

5 losses in a row and 139 points conceded.

Fair play to their 10 - he had a busy afternoon. As well as playing outside half he was also assistant referee and called at least 15 not straights, 10 hands on the floor and 187 offsides at least. Surprised he wasn't told to wind it in.

Cardiff next week (a much better outfit than Ponty). Might not be pretty.
Bodie 007

Re: Ponty....

Post by Bodie 007 »

A fair analysis String, very worried about next Friday night, thought our makeshift second rows did far better than expected, even pinching a couple of line outs. I'd like the coaches to explain some selections and who and when are due back from injury.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

I remember many years ago watching an Ebbw / Maesteg match .The game was dreadful,the teams were garbage ,and at the time I thought what the bloody hell was I doing here.
I haven't thought about that game since.......until this afternoon. Ebbw couldn't beat a pub side.......as evidenced by today.
String

Post by String »

Must admit i was going to skip this (the early kickoff made it very hard to get to. I missed the first 10 mins).
I'm wishing i had skipped.
The way we're playing is one thing (bad spells are normal. All sides have them) but the way we're playing with absolutely no change or improvement is making it hard to justify fuel and £12 each week.

We were heavily beaten by a very poor side. That makes it much harder to swallow.
Pontypridd absolutely deserved their win, no complaints at all. But that says more about us at present.

Its all the more disappointing given the good pre-season.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

It's a pity you missed the first 10 mins, String. You missed the fastest try I think I've ever seen. 12 seconds, folks. That's TWELVE SECONDS !!!