Fricker

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

Fricker

Post by Stevey »

Just saw Toby is going to Bristol, professional contract, fairplay he deserves this the way he's been playing, a great loss to us but an opening for someone else to step up.
piglet

Re: Fricker

Post by piglet »

Really pleased for Toby. Well deserved and never took a backward step in red white and green (even with four players hanging off him.
Good luck.
Farmerboy

Post by Farmerboy »

Every time Toby gets the ball you can hear the crowd getting excited. He will be a good signing for Bristol and I wish him all the best. It was only a matter of time before he went we could all see how good he is. Some of the tries he scored for us will live long in the memory.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Stevey wrote: 12 Mar 2019 16:53 Just saw Toby is going to Bristol, professional contract, fairplay he deserves this the way he's been playing, a great loss to us but an opening for someone else to step up.
Yep ! Huge loss for us .big gain for Bristol.but you could see it coming a mile off Well done Toby on a great move .As for someone stepping up .Is James Gahan 'still' an Ebbw player ? Saw him last season against Cardiff,and looked very impressive.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

I'd like to Paul King have more game time, he always looks good when he comes on and got some pace too.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

James Gahan was in training last night so he is still our player. I think Paul King has done a good job when he s been involved. Great news for Toby in gaining a pro contract in the English Premiership. Sad that the Dragons could nt get him as he would have still been involved with us.
Have to say the signing of Toby by Bristol highlights two things for me. One, the premiership is a great learning arena and two, the TV coverage of our league has highlighted many potential pro players. Well done Toby you deserve your chance.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Thanks for the info on Gahan ,Karl.Wondered if he was still involved with us.Glad to hear that is the case.
gtc

Post by gtc »

Fearless and entertaining. Ebbw's loss is Bristol's gain. Good luck Toby, you deserve it.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

Never mind the tries he scored, or the runs he made, I for one will never forget his try saving tackle against Ampthill at Bedford in pre-season. He caught the winger (who was in full tilt) from his opposite wing and knocked the ball out of his hands to prevent him from scoring - talk about never giving up. As people have commented, big loss for us, but very well deserved and I, for one hope that he does really well at Bristol. We can be satisfied in the knowledge that we played a part in his rugby development.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
valleyblues

Post by valleyblues »

Good luck Toby and well done
Villa, we are coming for you!!!!!