Cameron Regan

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Malpas69

Cameron Regan

Post by Malpas69 »

Just read on Instagram and Twitter that Cameron Regan is leaving "for a new challenge". He has been a great player for us, whether at 6, 7 or 8. I can remember the first time I saw him play was for Tredegar against us. We gave Tredegar a bit of a pasting that day, but he was man of the match in a well beaten side. He joined us a few weeks later and has been with us ever since.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Malpas69

Re: Cameron Regan

Post by Malpas69 »

Just read the squad update on the website. Ashley Sweet leaving as well. Huge loss for Ebbw Vale, but want to thank them both for their efforts in the red, green and white over the last 10 seasons or so.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Massive loss for Ebbw Vale RFC as all have been outstanding for the RFC.

Hopefully we’ll have some good news soon.

Rhys Jones Captain?
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

It's going to be difficult to replace these three guys with similar calibre but it's probably happened at the right time in that respect , it's better than us finding out in August so I'm sure the Chairman and co are working hard on this as we speak.
abergavenny plodder

Post by abergavenny plodder »

Shocked to read this. All three player's have given sterling service to the club and I applaud them for that but all 3 are key front line members of the squad and will be hard to replace. We do look short now at 2nd row and hooker. Hoping we can find able replacements by next season. We as supporters have to step up and ensure that some funds however limited are available by helping the friends of EVRFC if its only a tenner a month, especially with no rugby or other income streams on the horizon. C, mon Ebbw.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Not too worried about back row,dearth of talent there (The Young boys,Rubasniak,Dan Hill etc ..etc).Time for the local young talent to step up to the plate.Last season we had Mikhael Blake deputising at hooker,and it would be nice if we had Lloyd Griffiths on board also( is it Lloyd Griffiths ? The Wales under 20 hooker ?)
Second row !! ...Lance Randall and Corey Talbot sounds good.Hope we gain the services of Max Ayling also .Maybe not all doom and gloom,despite losing three magnificent Ebbw stalwarts.We now hold our breath.No certainty that all the above mentioned will be with us next season,but I bloody well hope so .And I also hope we will kick off in September .Can't stick this awful pandemic any longer.Dreadful days.
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

abergavenny plodder wrote: 11 Apr 2020 16:08 Shocked to read this. All three player's have given sterling service to the club and I applaud them for that but all 3 are key front line members of the squad and will be hard to replace. We do look short now at 2nd row and hooker. Hoping we can find able replacements by next season. We as supporters have to step up and ensure that some funds however limited are available by helping the friends of EVRFC if its only a tenner a month, especially with no rugby or other income streams on the horizon. C, mon Ebbw.
You're correct on all fronts, all we have asked is our supporters to donate £10 per month, a pint of beer a week? Of course it is a difficult time now but our appeal went out two years ago with a disappointing outcome. It's easy to donate even if you are self isolating, most people can do it from their phones at home and if they did in numbers that would be a massive help in preparation for the new season....... whenever that is.
Stay safe everyone.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

jadegoodiesfridge wrote: 11 Apr 2020 21:29Second row !! ...Lance Randall and Corey Talbot sounds good.Hope we gain the services of Max Ayling also.
I am not sure that Lance Randall will be back and available for the start of the season. Corey Talbot also missed the final game (as it turned out) with a back injury. Also, I would not want to rely on players from the Dragons and we do not know (and will not know for sometime) what our Dragons allocation will be for the forthcoming season. I would say that we need to find two (or ideally three - not an easy task, I appreciate) second rows from somewhere before the season starts. Dan Hill is much more effective in the back row.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Hello fellow supporters.

Has anyone heard anything else about potential new recruits to the club?

Seems to have gone quiet again now after the announcement about Mr Franchi taking over at skipper.

So there’s one we know is staying but anything else been heard?

Regards to all
Phillip
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

I suppose it's still quite early and during these strange times nothing is certain, maybe for the time being this section ought to be called Views and Rumours and leave the News until there is something definite worth reporting.
Red 6

Post by Red 6 »

Hi Everyone First Time Poster.
I've Heard Very Strong Rumours that 2 Former Team Mates of Corey Talbot At Old Reds. Are To Join?

A former Ebbw Vale No 8 And A Fantastic No 6 who is a great ball carrier..

I know it's only Rumours but I know they would make great signings.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

One I heard.Iuean Jones,Scrum Half,Bargoed.Should very much emphasise,heard this off a bloke on the street. Six feet apart naturally.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Sounds great, appreciate they are purely rumours but be nice if it came off.

Sounds like the bank balance is a little healthier than last year which is excellent work by those involved.

Let’s hope for some news soon

Post by 123 »

Not Regan related but Pontypool must have money to spare even after this virus is our captain of last year has joined them as reported?! Can only be money if dropping down to the championship for a season!!!
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

123 wrote: 19 Apr 2020 21:43 Not Regan related but Pontypool must have money to spare even after this virus is our captain of last year has joined them as reported?! Can only be money if dropping down to the championship for a season!!!
Pontypool have signed Matthew Jarvis (full back) from Merthyr as well apparently.