Signings

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Phillip Grey

Signings

Post by Phillip Grey »

Just thought I’d mention, excellent job being done at the club to bring us news of the retentions.

Looking forward to see what Friday brings, and some additional squad members.

Well done Ebbw Vale RFC, terrific job
One Smart Fellow, He Felt Smart
Bodie 007

Re: Signings

Post by Bodie 007 »

Yes Phillip Grey, it must be especially difficult at this time to do what they do but without meeting face to face so credit must go to all those involved and let's hope we build a very competitive team.
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

Ethan Doyle.......now there is a player I welcome to play for us, welcome back Ethan.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Absolutely Mr Bodie, when I just logged on to have a look I was delighted to have read that Ethan Doyle has rejoined.

A great acquisition to the squad, looking forward to seeing him in an Ebbw Vale RFC jersey once again.

Looking forward to the next four days to see some others.

Well done all involved
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

Awaiting eagerly for today's announcement, very happy with the first two to say the least.
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

Scott looks a good prospect, very physical and makes vital metres......or is it hard yards. Another great signing methinks.
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

Kyle Evans, second row, looks a good, experienced player, I'm sure he'll fit in well.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

More excellent news and work by the club

Some very good players joining the ranks for next season
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

A couple of weeks ago after the announcement that Cameron, Ash and Rhys were leaving a supporter of ours said to me he'd heard we haven't signed anyone and we're doomed and he'd heard this from another supporter. I suggested he wait and see what transpires as I know those in charge at the club are constantly looking to improve our squad.
I really wish that those spreading such unfounded rumors would desist from doing so, there is nothing to gain from it, absolutely nothing, I feel good news at Ebbw doesn't sound as good as bad news to some people.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

It’s always a bit disheartening to hear players such as stalwarts like Ashley Sweet leave.

But the news this week has been wonderful, some great signings and the club have done extremely well.
So they were wrong to bury us before they knew any facts.

Hopefully we’ll hear about the backs next.
Phillip Grey

Post by Phillip Grey »

Wonderful news about the half back retentions.

I’ve always believed that 10 is such a key position to win games and keeping Rhys and Lewis certainly ticks that box.

Have to say, with all the latest news that has been coming through, am feeling very optimistic and confident about the coming season.
jadegoodiesfridge

Post by jadegoodiesfridge »

Heard Dai Jones has left us.And ,pure speculation on my behalf,Dai Langdon's name wasn't mentioned in the half backs.Maybe he'll be in the backs retention.I wait with baited breath.
Beaufort Boy

Post by Beaufort Boy »

Dai Langdon off to Neath..
Always take the lens cap off mun mush...

https://neilcharlesrobertsphotography.smugmug.com
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

Well the back three being retained is great news and I like the look of Scott Gibson, he looks like he reads the game well and executes the right move well, we will have two very good scrum halves at the club.
Bodie 007

Post by Bodie 007 »

Overall I think we have added some quality to our squad and on paper it looks very good, just need to know now when training can start and the season begin.