Not working is it?

Anything regional, again there are limits

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

Not working is it?

Post by Stevey »

Just saw Glasgow stuff Llanelli at their brand spanking shiney new ground in front of a pathetic crowd (I'd estimate 3k tops). Surely this is (hopefully) unsustainable. Oh, by the way I saw it on telly, only give them money if Ebbw play there.
Stevey

How many?

Post by Stevey »

Anyone know the attendance of the Scarlets/Glasgow match. I haven't seen it anywhere, they make sure we see them around Xmas time when they have good crowds, what about now?
EIA

Post by EIA »

6,103 according to the BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 974791.stm

Apparently the ground has a capacity of 11,000 which suggests that it was a little over half full. Not bad for a team who are doing badly by the looks of things.
E I Addio Ebbw Almost Won the Cup
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

EIA wrote:6,103 according to the BBC website:

Apparently the ground has a capacity of 11,000 which suggests that it was a little over half full. Not bad for a team who are doing badly by the looks of things.
For a "region" that is "representing" a large portion of Wales I think it is pathetic. Maybe the football that is played there is just to help them out financially........then again there is always the good old WRU.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Of course, the scarlets really needed a bigger ground didn't they?

I thought as much when they had the last European Cup game at Stradey. If they didn't fill the place to capacity on an occasion like that, last game, top flight opposition etc, what the **** did they need any more capacity for?

I was almost laughing out loud when I read that article on walesonline today, especially after an almighty stuffing at home to boot. There is no finer sight that the so-called scarlets faithful streaming out of the ground before the end. Remember that Cup game against Cardiff a few years back :-)

That's Schadenfreude for you!

As the Scarlets, later with an assist from Keardiff, were the main reason that any plans for a truly regional set-up stood no chance, I have nothing but contempt for them.
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns -- he should be drawn and quoted.