Dragqueens to withdraw regional support ?

Anything regional, again there are limits

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

DfE

Dragqueens to withdraw regional support ?

Post by DfE »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 054337.stm

Only a matter of time eh ?
Hope queens get beaten out of european rugby and the townys get mashed by shitty english teams !!!
We'll be back!
Rhys

Re: Dragqueens to withdraw regional support ?

Post by Rhys »

B******s. Hope they get in nottinghams group so I can go down and watch them get hammered.
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

The bit I thought were true to form were..
Newport Gwent Dragons look set to concentrate their resources on the Newport club side once the new British and Irish Cup starts next season. That will leave the other clubs under the Dragons' umbrella shorn of regional players in the Welsh Premiership.

"We've got to talk about that and I think it's the way to go," regional coach Paul Turner told BBC Sport Wales.

Asked whether the move could lose the region friends among the valleys clubs, Turner joked: "We haven't got many friends anyway."

Cross Keys, Bedwas, Pontypool and Ebbw Vale have all had some fringe regional players on their books this season, but the Dragons have struggled to attract strong support from outside the city of Newport since their foundation in 2003.
Say's it all really - Turner can head the same way as Brown and "F... .f." (just my opinion mind) :idea:
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

So" Newport Gwent Dragons have struggled to attract strong support from outside Newport"
Now I may be slow on the uptake here but can anyone spot two words in the above statement that deters strong support from outside the shitty city?
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

Stevey wrote:So" Newport Gwent Dragons have struggled to attract strong support from outside Newport"
Now I may be slow on the uptake here but can anyone spot two words in the above statement that deters strong support from outside the shitty city?
At the risk of sounding pedantic - it could be one word, used twice in the same sentence.. :roll:
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Dai Rob wrote:
Stevey wrote:So" Newport Gwent Dragons have struggled to attract strong support from outside Newport"
At the risk of sounding pedantic - it could be one word, used twice in the same sentence.. :roll:
Just seeing if anyone was paying attention. Honest. :wink: