Gwent Rugby

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

DfE

Gwent Rugby

Post by DfE »

Few Points and boy will I get ribbed for the first 1.
1. Nothing spectacular by dragqueens tonight but the team, second string, were players thru the system and not imports. A good point.
2. If u were an investor would you put your money into them....I don't see any financial gains while they're going about things the way they are at the mo'
3. If someone does invest to this regional (?) team... new stadium and academy then it must move North ?
We'll be back!
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

Quote from the BBC website..

Newport Gwent Dragons are the target of a multi-million pound takeover bid. A group of Gwent-based businessmen has confirmed it is in talks with the board of the Welsh regional rugby side.

The proposal includes a plan to build a new stadium in or around the Newport area and the plans envisage completion of the stadium by September 2009.

The hope is that rugby, football and entertainment events will be held at the venue and also funds made available to boost the Dragons squad.

There is the possibility that the city's football team, Newport County, will be asked to ground-share with the rugby team.

One possible site for a stadium development could be near County's current Spytty Park home.

A spokesperson for the consortium, Andrew Lambert, said: "The key aim is to develop rugby in the area"..
:?

What's that you said? Must be moved North? Silly sod.. :roll:
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Eye Jay

Post by Eye Jay »

The scoreboard at the end said it all:

Newport 23-0 Connacht
Blog The Steel Daffodil
Consultancy Eye For Finance
Twitter EyeJay2

The hoops are back!
DfE

Post by DfE »

You got me all wron dai rob.
Anyone who knows me will know i despise this region city and town and all they stand for in Gwent rugby. If they move any where it should be 5 miles south into the estuary !
I'm just saying.....if they want to TRY and make it work.....
but with people like that, it'll never work.
We'll be back!