Seeing as it's so quiet....

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Graham

Seeing as it's so quiet....

Post by Graham »

I know we are all waiting very patiently for squad news and details, so in the mean time let me ask you this:

As the Dragons have made it into the HC competition for next season, and there is a lot of talk (that's all it seems to be though) regarding big name signings, consortium takeovers, new stadium etc, how many of you have softened your stance and thought about going to a Dragons match or two next season?
html junkie

Re: Seeing as it's so quiet....

Post by html junkie »

Graham wrote:I know we are all waiting very patiently for squad news and details, so in the mean time let me ask you this:

As the Dragons have made it into the HC competition for next season, and there is a lot of talk (that's all it seems to be though) regarding big name signings, consortium takeovers, new stadium etc, how many of you have softened your stance and thought about going to a Dragons match or two next season?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hilarious, mun!
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!
String

Post by String »

So Newport have been throwing the cash around again.

Why exactly is that going to turn me into a Newport supporter !

I was with the Italians last week and i'll be yelling for their opposition in every game next season as usual.

Them qualifying for the ERC has probably delayed any chance Gwent has of a regional team by another 2 seasons. Non qualification, the £500,000 they'd have lost out on may well have hastened their demise and a Gwent team could have formed from it.
As it is, they've got money to continue as a Newport stand alone for a while longer.
tinker

Post by tinker »

Things do seem to be getting a bit desperate if such a question is asked and it even gets replies. Hurry on the start of next season!
Dil

Post by Dil »

Nah ... I'll carry on supporting the Blues thanks Gra.
tinker

Post by tinker »

Ospreys for me. At least they have given the town names a boot unlike the other "regional" teams. Just had to post again as I'm getting withdrawl symptoms.
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

tinker wrote:Ospreys for me. At least they have given the town names a boot unlike the other "regional" teams. Just had to post again as I'm getting withdrawl symptoms.
Agree with the above. The Ospreys are the only team that have (finally) ditched the blinkered thinking and gone with a name that doesn't include any localism. (C*****f blues, L******i Scarlets, T****e Dragons - spot the trend.)

Lets face it, the townies aren't gonna ditch the city badge until the WRU gets tough and makes the other two do the same - and we all know that ain't gonna happen. (The WRU get tough that is - they are to busy filling in holes left every time they move their goalposts.. :roll: )
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.