Stupid question time.

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Dai Rob

Stupid question time.

Post by Dai Rob »

Well we are approaching the silly season of Christmastime so here goes..

..we have been struggling for many weeks / months now with an injury list as long as my daughters 'dear Santa' letter - yet we seem to be getting absolutely nothing from our 'so called' region in the way of players.

Could I boldly ask anyone with 'official' (?) connections with the club as to where we stand with this?
Are we asking for players and being turned down? If so, on how many occasions?
Are we not asking for players, exploring other avenues (permit players)?
Do we (the coaching staff) feel that we are being supported by the region?

Apologies if the answers are a tad obvious to some individuals but it would be nice to get something from the clubs viewpoint - not from the bankings viewpoint.

Cheers in advance.
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Malpas69

Re: Stupid question time.

Post by Malpas69 »

The thing is, we won't be allowed any Dragons players after February(??) anyway. I may be wrong (and am often), but I believe the rules this year say that no clubs are allowed any regional players after (I'm sure it's February) unless they have made over 5 appearances so far this season. (An appearance is defined as playing 40/45 minutes or over in any match I believe). The chances of any Dragons' players making over 5 appearances for us seem remote to say the least!!

You could see the difference Lewis Evans made to Pontypool. If he hadn't been playing then they wouldn't have won any lineout ball at all!!
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!