http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/NewportGwentDragons

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

RhysJervis

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/NewportGwentDragons

Post by RhysJervis »

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/N ... entDragons

If you dont want it, give it to us.
...GARN RFC...
chris

Post by chris »

The Dragons may as well be N*****t anyway, for starters they play all of their games at RP. It's hardly a suprise that crowds are dwindling, I mean how do they expect a regional concept to take off when they never even venture north of Cwmbran.

If it had been run like a region in the first place, rather than a rebranded super club perhaps things would be different. I'm sure introducing N*****t into the title didn't exactly help the regional concept either!

They only have themselves to blame.

There we go, rant over.
Wally

Post by Wally »

What about starting a petition to rename the region Gwent Dragons and play games at Eugene Cross Park, Pontypool Park and Dave Parade.

I'm sure there many people out there that are concerned about the future of Gwent Rugby as a region instead of the narrow mindedness of the few who want it called Newport.

Did anyone read the Argus yesterday and they "Statement" from concerned N*****t Gwebt Dragons supporters? What a load of nonsense that was.
Positive Mental Village Attitude.

C'Mon Ebbw

You can take the Wal out Of Ebbw but you can't take the Ebbw out of the Wal.
Wally

Post by Wally »

What about starting a petition to rename the region Gwent Dragons and play games at Eugene Cross Park, Pontypool Park and Dave Parade.

I'm sure that there many people out there that are concerned about the future of Gwent Rugby as a region instead of the narrow mindedness of the few who want it called Newport.
Did anyone read the Argus yesterday and the "Statement" from concerned N*****t Gwent Dragons supporters? What a load of nonsense that was.

I really should proof read my postings :oops:
Positive Mental Village Attitude.

C'Mon Ebbw

You can take the Wal out Of Ebbw but you can't take the Ebbw out of the Wal.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

If they (N*****t) want it let them have it ...

It won't affect me ... 'cos I'll never ever go and watch them anyway.

Let's see how they'll survive on reduced funding and reduced support.

I for one wouldn't care if they went to the wall.

And for those of you who might say that we had our fair share of Dragons players at the end of last season ... don't forget we had Sione Tuipolotu (who was absolutely superb), Chris Anthony and Leigh Hinton ... all of whom have been subsequently released or have left ...
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

The actual petition doesn't bother me - If it means the townies being solely responsible for the future demise of 'regional' rugby in the South East corner of Wales then so be it.

Now that the so called 'good times' (townie words) of brown are dead, lets see how many of the self centred nRFC 'fans' fill up Dave parade and put their cash down in the way that the childish petition portrays.

Oh, can we please have this post moved to where it should be - in the 'dragons' section. That is so that those who want to be bothered to read dragons news can find it. NOT in the section of GENERAL discussion. :idea:
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
CJ

Post by CJ »

And what good was hinton. He was absolute rubbish.

We had better players sat on the bench.

Made mistake after mistake.

No wonder he was realesed.

As for the other two, yes, they were superb.

One reason we are starting to see players come our way is down to codling.

Got to give him some credit. We have a real good coach there. Good news we kept hold of him. Get in!
CODLING AND HORGAN, GONNA DO THE JOB!!
piglet

Post by piglet »

I don't think their 211 signatories (to date) will carry much weight. :D
EIA

Re: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/NewportGwentDragon

Post by EIA »

RhysJervis wrote:http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/N ... entDragons

If you dont want it, give it to us.
Give what to you exactly?? I think you'll find that regional rugby in Gwent doesn't belong to any club or set of supporters and for that reason no-one can "give" you anything. The games are currently played at RP because that was the agreement at the start of the regional concept for Gwent. You've experienced a few years of the regional set up and you've realised that the the whole set up is a failed business structure - as is most professional sport in the UK. Now you are of the mistaken belief that changing the name will change your fortunes. Tell it to a bank manager I'm sure you'll get an appropriate response.
E I Addio Ebbw Almost Won the Cup
EIA

Post by EIA »

piglet wrote:I don't think their 211 signatories (to date) will carry much weight. :D
I'm sure Mr Jervis is keeping a close check on those signatures and making sure that no-one signs in anyone else's name without their knowledge. For what its worth you can quite easily get 5000 signatures if you have enough time to sit and type in the names yourself. Not that I'm suggesting for one minute that this is actually happening of course!!! Perish the thought.
Nice to see that one Clive Woodward has signed it though and Victor Meldrew, news obviously travels fast.
E I Addio Ebbw Almost Won the Cup
Graham

Post by Graham »

piglet wrote:I don't think their 211 signatories (to date) will carry much weight. :D
234 now mun and looking good. Of course the golden rule is that when you get to 12,000 signatures, the WRU cave in to any demands you have.

Anyone from Ebbw signed it yet?
Dil

Post by Dil »

Oh yeah .... 234 Dragons fans that can write ???

Pull the other one !
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

Nice to see Rhys is overwhelmed with support for his petition - 270 now, only 4730 to go. (An increase of 36 in 3 weeks). The management must be cacking themselves with worry.

t it's current rate he should be there in time for the start of the 2007/8 season. :wink:
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.