Wales

Cymru Am Byth ('nuff said)

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Stevey

Wales

Post by Stevey »

So we finished fourth, not as strong as we thought we were are we?
I think too many people believed in the media hype and got caught out.
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

or maybe it wasn't a TEAM effort (eg; why did SJ take the final kick when, from previous kicks it was at least 5 - 10 yards out of his range - where was golden boots? Did he not shout for it or was he ignored?)

Other thoughts were that some people were more interested in taking people out than tackling for the ball (Gough for example)..

..And, the lineout - oh dear..

'Just my opinion' :roll:
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
blindjim

Post by blindjim »

Bear in mind we were potentially two scores from a grand slam. One missed kick and one unlucky passage in the dying minutes against France and we finished 4th. We are still better than England.

None of the teams really impressed consistently, even the grand slam champions. Thats not what you want leading into a lions tour. It has just made the job of the selectors much harder, with no one as yet really playing their way into the test 15.
Dai Rob

Post by Dai Rob »

blindjim wrote:..We are still better than England..
Thought we'd left that mentality behind. They are not the benchmark.

At the start of the game we were two clear tries away from the lot, yet at no point did we look like getting one let alone two.

As I said earlier - no team effort at all..
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
blindjim

Post by blindjim »

I wasnt refering to England being the benchmark or the want to get one up on them. I simple meant that we are better than them regardless of what the table shows. The same may or may not be true for Ireland and France. It was a very close championship, that didnt really impress.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

Dai Rob wrote:..And, the lineout - oh dear.. :roll:
Maybe Wales have been watching too many videos of the Ebbw Vale matches :wink:
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!