OK then, who is going to be captain?

You'll never guess what I heard in the pub/club/Tesco's last night.......

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

Graham

OK then, who is going to be captain?

Post by Graham »

Any ideas or suggestions for captain this season?
CJ

Captain

Post by CJ »

Got to stick with what we know.

Kristian again for me. Bit quiet especially when he was stuck on the wing. But in all a good captain.

What we do need is a pack leader to get them going.

Kristian gets the boys together and there seems to be a good team spirit on and off the pitch. Surely this means they are playing for each other more.

Ah well were all allowed our opinions.

See you all on 3rd september if not before
CODLING AND HORGAN, GONNA DO THE JOB!!
CK

Post by CK »

Who's going to be Captain?? Are you real???
Kristian Owen is the captain and that is the end of that!!
In my opinion you must be bored to ask that question as you must already know the answer if you went to training this week.
OBPRS
Graham

Post by Graham »

CK wrote:Who's going to be Captain?? Are you real???
Kristian Owen is the captain and that is the end of that!!
In my opinion you must be bored to ask that question as you must already know the answer if you went to training this week.
That's great news. Sorry if I missed it, but when did they announce that?

Kris is an excellent player, a cracking bloke and deserves another season as skipper. After all, he's done a great job.

I am real (or at least I was last time I looked). As for being bored, I have plenty to do to keep me busy.

The reason for the question?
Firstly, to find out if anyone knew who the skipper was going to be (and now we know - so that worked).
Secondly to see if anyone had any opinions as to who they thought would be the best choice and why (everyone has their favorites).
Thirdly, to engage and give people the chance to air their views on the issue. If we all sit back and wait for someone else to raise a question or issue, then nothing would ever get posted which sort of defeats the object of having a message board.
CK

Post by CK »

Dear Graham,

I am sorry my posting has (seemingly) offended you so much. I understand your reasoning beyond getting a post started regarding new topics but I do feel that undermining our captain is not a good way to do this.
If you were at our awards night (maybe you wern't) you would already know the answer to your question.
I'm sure you will ignore this post but I feel you are wrong to question our Captains' position.

This is just my opinion and bound to be the opposite of Grahams.
By the way, the term "bored" was never meant to be an insult to you (just a turn of phrase) but for some reason you have taken it as such.

I am sorry this word has offended you, for some reason beyond me!!!!
OBPRS
Graham

Post by Graham »

Nah mun, no worries. I'm not offended in the least. If the insider couldn't offend me with all the efforts he put in, I'm certainly not going to be offended by someone who isn't even trying to do so.
:lol:

I suppose it would have all been easier to sort out if we had all been made aware "officially" that the skipper had been chosen. Perhaps the club should have passed it onto our Rob for posting on the official site, as not everyone is in the right place at the right time to hear such annoucements (which is why this board is a God-send)

As I said, if I missed it somewhere, I apologise to everyone for not having my ears open enough.
Last edited by Graham on 12 Jul 2005 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
RS

Post by RS »

Graham wrote: As I said, if I missed it somewhere, I apologise to everyone for not having my ears open enough.
I'd missed it too, Graham!
Don't forget, you read it here first. (Unless it's rubbish, then please assume you read it elsewhere.)
CK

Post by CK »

Absolutely Right!!! You did both miss the announcement last season but nevermind. Move on
OBPRS