Parking @ The Walk in Ebbw Vale

As suggested in our Forums, here is the place to post all those non-rugby related issues

Moderators: The ref, Henry Crun

Dai Rob

Parking @ The Walk in Ebbw Vale

Post by Dai Rob »

Be aware that the new 'fee collection' system in operation in the car park by Argos etc has an ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) system linked in with the ticket machines..

Your vehicles picture is taken on entry AND exit of the car park and timestamped.

If, for whatever reason, you fail to get a ticket with your exact registration for the car park within ten minutes, expect to get a letter through your letterbox with a fine..
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.. ..To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Jonny Bonkers

Re: Parking @ The Walk in Ebbw Vale

Post by Jonny Bonkers »

Blaenau Gwent... A better place to live and work!
What's that coming over the hill, is it my daddy?
Graham

Post by Graham »

On busy days its not unheard of to spend 10 minutes driving around looking for a space close to Iceland and still fail, so they can't prove you actually parked in there.

Yet another reason not to go to town (more trade for Tesco, Morrisons and Asda).
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Graham wrote:On busy days its not unheard of to spend 10 minutes driving around looking for a space close to Iceland and still fail, so they can't prove you actually parked in there.

Yet another reason not to go to town (more trade for Tesco, Morrisons and Asda).

Just to let you know that the car park at the walk is not anything to do with the council but is privately owned, and if i were Argos etc. I wouldn't be happy with my customers being charged for what is usually just a few minutes, but if they didn't charge staff and customers would park there all day and then there would be zero parking available after about 9am.

Mr. Blair was going to tax the supermarkets on their car park spaces which would have raised billions, but a certain Mr. Sainsbury donated some money to the then in government Labour party, and suddenly that idea was shelved, funny that eh?