New Dragons kit

If you have any comments or views on the Gwent Dragons this is the place to post.

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

wiggy29

Post by wiggy29 »

Apart from the blues and dragons the other two play at other grounds. I think the racecoruse is in north Wales? How far north are the dragons prepared to go?
String

Post by String »

The WRU recognised that llanelli and cardiff werent regional and were standalone hence the funding difference. Newport got stand alone by the back door despite keeping its name.
RhysJervis

Post by RhysJervis »

Apart from the blues and dragons the other two play at other grounds. I think the racecoruse is in north Wales? How far north are the dragons prepared to go?
I think we all agree that the Ospreys are a true region, so lets leave them out of this. The Scarlets played 2 games away from Stradey last season, and thats the max taht they are playing away from there again this year, thats just 1 more than the Dragons. The Scarlets only really had 1 Premier team before regionalism, so i suppose it was easier for them to ''share the games''. The Dragons would have Newbridge, Ebbw Vale, Pontypool, Cross Keys, Caerphilly all fighting for matches to be played at their ground. Just try not to think about the past, things are improving for the rest of Gwent
...GARN RFC...
String

Post by String »

So why if its supposed to be gwent is it called newport with newport plastered as big as possible on the shirt....
Jonny Bonkers

Post by Jonny Bonkers »

I'd buy an England top before I buy one of them!! (_*_)
Poolersaint

Post by Poolersaint »

I bought one and unstiched the Newport bit above the badge ! Now just Gwent Dragons- as it should be !! :wink: :D
Graham

Post by Graham »

Poolersaint wrote:I bought one and unstiched the Newport bit above the badge ! Now just Gwent Dragons- as it should be !! :wink: :D
You should have gone all the way and stitched in "Pontypool" instead of "Newport".

It would have been a collectors item mun.

Or I could have loaned you one of my "Ebbw Vale Gwent Dragons" Tee shirts.

:lol: :lol:
Poolersaint

Post by Poolersaint »

Graham wrote:
Poolersaint wrote:I bought one and unstiched the Newport bit above the badge ! Now just Gwent Dragons- as it should be !! :wink: :D
You should have gone all the way and stitched in "Pontypool" instead of "Newport".

Good idea Graham. Now why didn't I think of that ! :idea: :wink:
There's a thread here you might have a chuckle over Graham ! :lol: -
http://www.pontypoolrugby.co.uk/forums/ ... .php?t=362
Jonny Bonkers

Post by Jonny Bonkers »

The site is dead!! looks like steve & leighton was running the official site too :shock: Perhaps if they give bob another chance it might be up and running. surely theres enough pooler supporters to pay the 3 grand or so he owes!!
Graham

Post by Graham »

Forum and Main Site seem to be down at the moment Saint. Will have a snoop later.

EDIT............... It's back up now Saint, and I've replied to LesJeff's message. He's a cracker isn't he? It's good to have characters like that on board.
DaiC

Post by DaiC »

Graham wrote:

Or you could have bought one of the Gwent Dragons shirts from the original production run.

Graham, did you get to keep your GD season ticket? With the scarcity of those they must be worth a mint.
Graham

Post by Graham »

DaiC wrote:[Graham, did you get to keep your GD season ticket? With the scarcity of those they must be worth a mint.
Damn it, I should have thought of that.

I was so teed off by the Newport take-over that I only cared about getting my money back.