dragons select

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

robert rees

dragons select

Post by robert rees »

Well-done to harri,Ashley and luke on inclusion in dragons select side.
Wynne

Re: dragons select

Post by Wynne »

Yes agreed Robert, we should include Adam in that as well, particularly has he is starting.
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Adam? Have I missed someone?
Wynne

Post by Wynne »

That'll be Adam Jones, our number 12, been with the club for a number of years. In fact there's only one Adam on the books as far as I remember.
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Oh I must. Have missed his name .

Sorry Adam
Wynne

Post by Wynne »

It was good to see the Dragons Select side get a great result in Connaught, not many sides go there and come away with a win, let alone a bonus point win. The Ebbw boys were at the heart of the result it seems, with Ash and Harri helping the forwards to totally Dominate up front and Adam strong in defence and capping his debut with a try. Crocker also did his part from the bench. Let's hope they get plenty of support at Pandy Park next Sunday when they play Jersey. Good luck boys.
Wynne

Post by Wynne »

Spent a very pleasant afternoon at Pandy Park watching Dragons select side v Jersey. The game was very competitive and the Gwent boys did a great job against a very big and organized professional team. The pitch was very heavy which made the going very tough for both sides, I would imagine the visitors found it harder though, as most pitches in the championship are like bowling greens. There's loads of young talent in Gwent and it showed today, there were many of the team under twenty with some older players to give balance and experience. The lads from the prem. also showed they were not there to make up the numbers with Ash prominent not only at the set piece but around the park and showed he is more than capable of playing at this level considering he was alongside team mates that train every day, then there was Adam who can also play at this level with ease, he scored a great try and made another, all the other boys from the other three Prem. Sides all had sound games which does show given the opportunity these lads could make it to a high level as none of them looked out of place.
String

Post by String »

Looks like the WRUs long term plan to force people to support n*****t has worked.
Wynne

Post by Wynne »

String, watching the game at Pandy Park was not forced upon anybody by the WRU, I believe supporters went there to hopefully see a quality game of rugby and a don't think anybody was diapointed with that. I think it is also good that people went to support the young talent coming though from our great county as well as the club players that were involved, all of which did really well. A local club benefitted by the game being there, namely Cross Keys. Ebbw Vale will also host Connaught in a couple of weeks and again will only benefit from it, so I would urge anybody (not forced by the WRU ) to rock up on the night to hopefully see another quality game of rugby with perhaps a number of our own players involved again. The more people watching the better it is for the club. Finally it should all be about the rugby and the young lads involved in these games so I'm looking forward to the game.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Here , here Wynne . I have not watched the Dragons Premiership Select 15 at pitchside but will do before the end of the season . Did watch it on TV and enjoyed the game I saw. Where Ebbw players were prominent. They re moving the games around the county so everyone can watch. I will never go the Rodney Parade to watch the Dragons but if they play at Eugene Cross Park I will be there. I m a rugby fan and I love the game . I would rather watch rugby in the great outdoors than be sat darning my socks in the house. No One will ever tell me what I can or cannot do. No one will force me to do anything I don t want, so I cannot agree with String. It s harping back to the bad old days of setting up the regional structures . That ship has sailed and we will never get it back so time to move on.
String

Post by String »

So in other words, the WRU, Tony Brown and etc won - it took them longer than they thought but they won.

Constantly devaluing the club game to the point that the only chance of seeing rugby is the superclub bodies they created and want to force everyone to support has succeeded.

People are now "supporting the opposition" after rendering their own club relatively worthless.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Mr. String. I went to support Doncaster the other week, but EVERY week I support Ebbw, I ran the clubhouse for nearly 3 seasons and still purchased a VP season ticket and had previously sponsored the club for 25 years. I still volunteer to do various jobs around the place when I can. Think you cannot judge me or many others unless you can compare your loyalty other than through being a keyboard warrior. Just thought I may have a point and mention it.
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

Well said. I haven't been an Ebbw fan long, about 10 years of my 17. I have only gone as far as a season ticket holder and one day on programmes where I handed out about two, but even I support ky Ebbw boys in this bic side
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

We as a club need everyone to support as much as they can, we cannot change the league/regional structure at all, no one is asking anyone to support any region least of all NEWPORT Gwent Dragons, but we do have academy players from there and they(the players) play a part in our game. I will always want Ebbw players to succeed in whatever format of rugby they play in as I have got to know them and some of their families personally. Sorry Mr. String but you would too if you were as fortunate as some in knowing these people. Carl Meyer is a truly nice bloke who has progressed to the Dragons, he knows nothing of the politics and is just carving out a rugby career as best he can, can you dislike him for that when he was excellent for us ? :|