signings

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

robert rees

signings

Post by robert rees »

Heard good news at ponty.

Every player we want us signed up apparently, with a few who not getting game time leaving.

Josh Lewis is returning it seems, which would be great as he is an awesome play maker. Although I feel sorry for Dai or Iain,whoever doesn't play.
robert rees

Re: signings

Post by robert rees »

Heard we are looking to bolster up our backline with a few more top signings across areas where we lack depth.

Also heard one of our players turned down a 30k a yr contract at Merthyr.
Halftime Pint

Post by Halftime Pint »

They also offered myself three pints at halftime and a free programme to go and support them which I have also turned down.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Fed up of hearing Merthyr have signed everyone, only one team they have and if all the rumours were true they could field the
Principality Premiership themselves.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

Apparently, if you have a pulse and used to own a pair of boots Merthyr are up for signing you, It ll all go belly up. A couple of seasons where they may have some success and then the money will run out and then they plunge down the leagues. It all reminds me of Treorchy, Caerphilly, Dunvant etc. Boom and bust. There is no point to signing big name has beens and there is no point in signing every mercenary player out there as they can t all play. Squad sizes are limited by the rules.
david brown

Post by david brown »

Why all this interest in MERTHYR ? From experience you cannot by success and maintain it Recall back in the 1050 s SUNDERLAND FC being called the millionaires football club My father took me to see CARDIFF CITY play them and beat them 4 nil.They will never be able to buy the team spirit we have so please lads give them a miss and let them spend all the cash the desire.