P A SYSTEM

The place for discussion of those things not related to the Club, but beware there are limits!!

Moderators: admin, The ref, Henry Crun

david brown

P A SYSTEM

Post by david brown »

My very good friend BOB BARNES was asked to conduct the job of P A announcer for yesterdays match ROB is a very methodical person and spent some time preparing all the necessary info for the game.He was amazed when he was informed after the match that he could not be heard on the terrace..Come on EBBW ,we are a very proud semi professional club with a P A SYSTEM which at best can be called ARCHAIC ?
robert rees

Re: P A SYSTEM

Post by robert rees »

The PA system is useless. Can hardly hear it most games on the bank since it was installed.
Malpas69

Post by Malpas69 »

Totally agree - you can hear absolutely b****r all on the terrace. Please can someone sort it out ASAP.
Crime in multi-storey car parks - that is just wrong on so many different levels!!
robert rees

Post by robert rees »

When they replaced the old one me and my uncle always said it was worse and it seems many feel this way
bankboy440plus

Post by bankboy440plus »

This was mentioned in March 2015 under the subject "TANNOY ON THE BANK", though it did improve toward the end of the season with 1 particular announcer but his name escapes me right now.
viewfromthestand

Post by viewfromthestand »

As someone who has announced at games on numerous occasions , it is very annoying to hear that the supporters on the bank still can t hear what s being said. Having brought this to the atttention of those in the know a while back, i was told, that when the new floodlights were installed the speakers on the bank were not put back up. We need to get this sorted as some of my best material has been wasted. If the speakers are not going to be re installed then I suggest that the supporters on the bank move to the stand you can hear every word, even some of the rubbish I have spouted.
Stevey

Post by Stevey »

The company that installed it have been back last season but as has been said it is inadequate. The council need to get it sorted as there was a good turnout last Saturday and we needed to hear the announcements above the noise.
CJ

Post by CJ »

Just in case people haven't signed up to the emails from the club, this has just been sent out:

Hello,

We're aware that the audibility of the PA system at our first home game wasn't acceptable. BGCBC have acted quickly to investigate following these concerns and believe they have identified the cause of this. A part has been ordered and will be fitted as soon as possible. If this is not in place by Saturday, when we host Bridgend, please bear with us and be aware of any local instructions by club officials in the event of an emergency.
Thanks for your patience and continued support. Here's to the next WIN

Alan
david brown

Post by david brown »

A big thank you to all concerned with the rapid response regarding the PA system.Fully understand the difficult job you all do with very little thanks.This proves that our moans and groans are taken on board and where substantiated dealt with.
html junkie

Post by html junkie »

david brown wrote:A big thank you to all concerned with the rapid response regarding the PA system.Fully understand the difficult job you all do with very little thanks.This proves that our moans and groans are taken on board and where substantiated dealt with.
That's nice David. You always start off quite gung ho then calm down most pleasantly. I bet you're a big cuddly old teddy bear really, but with one of those growl boxes that goes off when you're pressed!
Martyn Madden: That's show business
Me: **** off!